Keyword

Frontend publishing/unpublishing

• Mats Arvendal
  • Mats Arvendal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 4 months ago #77043 by Mats Arvendal
Frontend publishing/unpublishing was created by Mats Arvendal
A frontend publisher skould be able to work with unpublished items before finally publishing them on the website. As it is for the moment, the frontend publishers can't even see their own items that were saved but not published.

I have searched the forum for a workaround for this problem but I can't find any. And I do need a solution for this. I am planning to use K2 (a wonderful component) for a magazine website with different publishers and they must be able to publish/unpublish their own items and work with them as much as they like before publishing.

In simple terms: why not let the frontend "My Page" list both published and unpublished items?
Or: what about bringing the backend function to publish/unpublish to the frontend? This is possible in standard Joomla frontend editors, so why not in K2?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #77044 by robm
Replied by robm on topic Frontend publishing/unpublishing
Hi, I'm also searching for this and found some workaround here: community.getk2.org/forum/topics/frontend-editing-issue

I've only read it very fast but it has something to do with making special categories and publish a new article into that category so that only people who has permissions on that category can see these articles.
When the article is approved you have to change the category of that article.

I have to test this myself first but just to let you know
Rob

• Mats Arvendal
  • Mats Arvendal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #77045 by Mats Arvendal
Replied by Mats Arvendal on topic Frontend publishing/unpublishing
Hi,

I wait for your test with great anticipation! Please let me know the results.

--Mats

Rob Molenaar said:Hi, I'm also searching for this and found some workaround here: community.getk2.org/forum/topics/frontend-editing-issueI've only read it very fast but it has something to do with making special categories and publish a new article into that category so that only people who has permissions on that category can see these articles.When the article is approved you have to change the category of that article.I have to test this myself first but just to let you knowRob