Keyword

Extra Fields

• Brian Hardyman
  • Brian Hardyman's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #77090 by Brian Hardyman
Extra Fields was created by Brian Hardyman
I am using K2 v2.1. I just found out 2.2 was released. It may have fixed my issues, but I have to figure out how to upgrade.

My wife is a fantastic cook. On our website we just setup a blog using K2. This component is extremely exceptional. I have just discovered the Extra Fields and I think it will work for what I need. So here is what I am trying to accomplish.

I started out by making an Extra Field Group called 'Recipe'. Then I added some Extra Fields (textarea) 'Ingredients' and 'Directions'. I then made a new category called Recipes, attached the extra field group 'Recipe' and added that to my menu.

Here is my issue. I tried to add HTML into the Extra Field. Nothing fancy I just wanted the Ingredients to be listed, so I added a line break after each item. I am not using any editors since they seem to strip my code randomly.

What I want (example):
2 pounds of round steak
3 large red or green peppers
2 large onions

What I get (on my live site):
2 pounds of round steak 3 large red or green peppers 2 large onions

This result makes it very hard to see what you need to cook with. How can I fix this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Brian Hardyman
More
14 years 3 months ago #77091 by Brian Hardyman
Replied by Brian Hardyman on topic Extra Fields
I did find a hack here.

More
14 years 3 months ago #77092 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Extra Fields
Have you seen that there was a new release yesterday?

More
14 years 3 months ago #77093 by Simon Wells
Hi Brian, I am now looking into the extra field function in K2, latest SVN and have posted a very quick review to test.
I will be going through this in more detail later with images and a better guide, so I will check out the use of HTML too.

• Brian Hardyman
More
14 years 3 months ago #77094 by Brian Hardyman
I thought so. Every download link I found is to v2.1 Sept 9th.

Simon Wells said:Have you seen that there was a new release yesterday?

More
14 years 3 months ago #77095 by Simon Wells
There is a link here or on the K2Joom site, if you have not found it, I will post a link.

Brian Hardyman said:I thought so. Every download link I found is to v2.1 Sept 9th.
Simon Wells said:Have you seen that there was a new release yesterday?

• Brian Hardyman
More
14 years 3 months ago #77096 by Brian Hardyman
I checked on k2.joomlaworks.gr/. I figured that was the most reliable place for the file. It links to v2.1 build 20090909.

I found your link at:
k2joom.com/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=48&amp...

As I understand it, I can just install this component without removing my current K2?

Nice site. I have only a few days of experience with K2. I love it. Once I get better acquainted, I hope to help other in the forum. Just as you're helping me. Thanks again.

Simon Wells said:There is a link here or on the K2Joom site, if you have not found it, I will post a link.

More
14 years 3 months ago #77097 by ckka
Replied by ckka on topic Extra Fields
Brian did you resolve this? I am running K2 2.2 and I still can't add any extra html. Not sure if I should explore the hack.
Like you I have only had a few days of experience with K2. LOVE IT too. Particularly because it is so easy to style. Learning a lot and hope to share my experiences in the future as well.

• Brian Hardyman
More
14 years 2 months ago #77098 by Brian Hardyman
I was able to get it to work. However it's a work around. The Extra fields still don't allow HTML. So here is what I did. RocketTheme makes a great component called RokCandy. It allows you to make your own tags.

I am using this for a recipe section for my wife. So what I did was setup a new tag in RokCandy. My tag is a basic line break. Whenever I add
to my content or extra fields, RokCandy replaces that with a line break when the page is generated for the user. It's not the best solution in the world. But it works.