Keyword

K2 + Joom!Fish category translation problem

• Jaakko Karhu
  • Jaakko Karhu's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #77101 by Jaakko Karhu
K2 + Joom!Fish category translation problem was created by Jaakko Karhu
Hi,

I'm designing my first Joomla! based website and obviously a first site where I'm using K2 and Joom!fish. Even Joomla! and K2 component and this whole thing seems promising, I'm running in to a problem which is described below:

The site I'm designing is multilingual (four different languages). My client needs wide range of possibilities to write in his site, so there's couple of different sections where he can publish writings. Translating K2 items is rather easy and there's no problem at all, but building up multilingual blog seems to be pretty tricky; my aim is to do it in a way that there's no need for viewer to go through content in every language, so I've created a category structure like this:

--- Root category
--- --- Blog
--- --- --- Blog (Finnish)
--- --- --- Blog (Swedish)
--- --- --- Blog (French)
--- --- --- Blog (English)

I've proceeded by making a menu item for blog in main menu. When I start translating, I select the menu item, and then I pick desired language from 'Translate to:' drop-down menu. Then I select category, which I've created earlier from Parameters (Basic) --> Select Categories -list. I put a mark to Published check-box and press save. And nothing happens.

So my guestion is, am I using a wrong practice for separating different languages in multilingual blog? Is this a bug or because of some option which I haven't gone through? Does anybody know any work-around for this?

I hope somebody know, there's another assignment in a line after this and if I can't find a reasonable solution I'm knee deep in you-know-what... =D

But I guess the feeling is familiar for all web designers.

Cheers,

Jaakko Karhu
Finland

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.