Keyword

Login Problem

• EBC Computers
  • EBC Computers's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #77195 by EBC Computers
Login Problem was created by EBC Computers
I have a problem with user login's on a k2 site im setting up. The problem existed with both K2 version 2.1 and the build of K2 version 2.2 im testing.

The site uses Joomla 1.5 plus K2 with a Rockettheme modified theme bridged to PHPBB3 - however I dont think the problem is bridge related.

In the case of my username I can log in fine via the front end or the back end, but one of my usernames has problems logging in via the front end. It works fine via the backend, but when he logs in via the front end, it doesnt produce an error message, and it doesnt complain about the username or password being incorrect - it just takes the username and password, and then refreshes the page without showing any sign of having logged in.

My first thought was that it might be some kind of cookie related thing but I dont think it can be. My username works fine on his pc and his username has the same problem on my PC. Other usernames seem to work fine too.

Ive looked at the database tables on the server and cannot see anything odd there.

Any ideas please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• EBC Computers
More
14 years 4 months ago #77196 by EBC Computers
Replied by EBC Computers on topic Login Problem
Nobody had any problems like this at all?

Im completely stuck.

• Zonegig Design, LLC
More
14 years 4 months ago #77197 by Zonegig Design, LLC
Replied by Zonegig Design, LLC on topic Login Problem
The backend login is Joomla. The frontend login might be K2 if you changed the login module to the K2 login module and there is no login redirect in the modules configuration. Additionally, the userid that works in the backend but not in the frontend is probably in Joomla but has not been imported into the K2 user list.

• EBC Computers
More
14 years 4 months ago #77198 by EBC Computers
The login module in the front end has been replaced with the K2 Login module.

The user details exist in both the joomla users table and the k2 user table.

Bill Borque said:The backend login is Joomla. The frontend login might be K2 if you changed the login module to the K2 login module and there is no login redirect in the modules configuration. Additionally, the userid that works in the backend but not in the frontend is probably in Joomla but has not been imported into the K2 user list.

• EBC Computers
More
14 years 4 months ago #77199 by EBC Computers
I think from just doing some testing that if you register a username where the username is numbers only i.e. 90210 that you cannot login via the front end.

Can someone else test this and let me know please?

• EBC Computers
More
14 years 3 months ago #77200 by EBC Computers
Can someone else test this please? So I can be sure Ive found the issue.

If Im right, the K2 Login module doesnt operate correctly with usernames that are five digit numbers - so Im assuming its any numeric username.

TIA.

Chris Long said:I think from just doing some testing that if you register a username where the username is numbers only i.e. 90210 that you cannot login via the front end.Can someone else test this and let me know please?

More
14 years 3 months ago #77201 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Login Problem
Hi. Not tested yet but this should not be the problem. K2 login just posts the values to com_user.

Chris Long said:Can someone else test this please? So I can be sure Ive found the issue.
If Im right, the K2 Login module doesnt operate correctly with usernames that are five digit numbers - so Im assuming its any numeric username.

TIA.

Chris Long said:I think from just doing some testing that if you register a username where the username is numbers only i.e. 90210 that you cannot login via the front end.Can someone else test this and let me know please?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• EBC Computers
More
14 years 3 months ago #77202 by EBC Computers
On further investigation it seems that this is broken in the current version of the Rockettheme RokBridge module, which I use to bridge between Joomla and PHPBB3.

Quite why this affects loging into Joomla itself I have no idea, but hopefully RocketTheme are going to put this right now. At least they have been able to duplicate the fault.

Thanks for your advice.

More
14 years 2 months ago #77203 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Login Problem
Hi. In order to login to backend you must be a backend user. If your account is a 'Public Frontend' account you cannot login to backend.

Micke said:I have a similar problem. I can log in via my K2 log in on the front end and write articles. But I cant log in on the backend. No error message is displayed when trying to log on it just refreshes the page. The same user and password. The same account... I have no bridge just joomla 1.5 and K2 version 2.2 Any feedback concerning this problem would be appreciated..

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)