Keyword

Oh No He Didn't?!

• PufferMedia
  • PufferMedia's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #77223 by PufferMedia
Oh No He Didn't?! was created by PufferMedia
Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration

I suppose this has been seen. Doesn't appear I can add a comment, and frankly how worth it is it for me to try to dissuade someone so clearly prejudiced? It's kinda galling how people kinda miss the point of open source/free software.

On the other hand, he's got a couple of points.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #77224 by bunglehaze
Replied by bunglehaze on topic Oh No He Didn't?!
I dont see where the problem is with the article, as much as I love the function of K2 I have been consistantly frustrated by the lack of feedback and replies to issues posted on the forum and as a result this has seriously hampered a lot of peoples uptake of what should be an amazing piece of software.

What you have on the other hand is a core few people (I dont even class myself in this) who actually know the various potholes to avoid with K2 sites and then those who can work their way around them, the rest of non php programming individuals are left wandering aimlessly, bodging fixes here and there and never really understanding otherwise.

Add to this the fact there is no regression path back to Joomla and you are stuck with all your content in K2 if you decided to try it and there aint a get me out of here button.

Open source software should not mean shoddy documentation and developer feedback, look at Virtuemart as a perfect example of how a single piece of potentially great software is vastly misunderstood, badly represented by moderators and devs (who apparently all seem to have a personal Virtuemart modification service that they will direct you to rather than answer the question on the forum) and thousands upon thousands of unanswered forum posts on subjects that - unless you are an expert - the general user has NO chance of figuring for themselves.

Oh and while I am on my rantbox... Why on earth do Joomlaworks other products not ALL work with K2? I have noticed on this very forum people asking for modules and plugins to add functionality that Joomlaworks ALREADY provides in other plugins - it just baffles me...

J1.6 is round the corner, whether you believe some people stating it may be ages yet or not it is certainly within touching distance and at this point what happens to K2 users who are still really not getting very far because of bad support - they WILL abandon K2 and try and make do with the Joomla function set - unless Joomlaworks take a little time out to deal with the mass of unanswered questions about their product. Help the community majority become the experts first and in turn this knowledge will filter down to the lowly, little people who so desperately want to use K2 but are frightened by the empty forum posts they read..

leigh :D

PS before I get a load of abuse about open source and people selling services - I have NO problem with people making millions and millions if they can - money is good! But in the example of Virtuemart where there seems to be so few people 'moderating' the forum who DONT sell a service it makes me wonder if they should really be moderators or service providers???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.