Keyword

K2 2.1.x Using JCE Administrator Group on Frontend Register Form

• John Wicks
  • John Wicks's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #77295 by John Wicks
Hello All,

I'm using JCE as my editor on a Joomla 1.5.15 installation and noticed on the front-end that during registration the form for the mod_k2_login module is using the Administrator/Super Administrator settings Group.

I thought at first K2 might be just using the Default group so I changed that to be guests and unpublished some of the JCE plugins for that group but still all the buttons on the JCE toolbar display. Not good for Guests!!!

Unpublishing the Super Administrator Group in JCE and the editor no longer displays on the K2 login form? So this leads me to believe K2 is using the Group with Super Administrator rights.

Is this by design? or am I just missing something...

Jw

PS. Upgraded to the latest version of K2 v2.2 and the front-end register form no longer displays the Description field so this might be a moot issue in K2 v2.2. I'll check to see that the User Details page doesn't use the Administrator Group for JCE and update this discussion on my findings...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• John Wicks
  • John Wicks's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #77296 by John Wicks
Looks like the Editor seems to goes away in v2.2. Can't find it on the User Details page so this issue seems closed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.