Keyword

Disabling K2 User Profile causes newly registered users not to be added to a default k2 user group

• Josh
  • Josh's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #77533 by Josh
has anyone else had this problem?

All was working previously. I had my configuration set that new users should be created as registered frontend users. In k2 i made sure that new users were set to be added to the group i created in k2, This was all fine. I updated yesterday and noticed the new feature regarding setting the default new users group.

It seems with v2.2 that if you disable the k2 extended profile it causes newly registered users not to get added to the default k2 users group. Only after enabling the k2 user profile would new users be added to the k2 users group for new users.

Has anyone had a similar problem with this new feature? I would like to use k2 but the extended registration form is confusing visitors (who think this is where they should fill in their details)

Ideally i would like to user the standard joomla registration form but still allow new users to be added to the default new users k2 users group.

any feedback or tips are welcome. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #77534 by Lefteris
Hi. The parameter for the default K2 user group has been moved in the component parameters. So please try to save the parameters and it should work as before.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Josh
More
14 years 3 months ago #77535 by Josh
Hi and thanks for the reply.
Ive tried to use the setting in the com parameters. It gives the options to use the k2 extended form or the standard joomla form. If I use the k2 form all works fine (new users are added to the relevant user group in joomla and k2) however I dont need all the extra info on the k2 form so i would like to use the default form but when i use the default login form newly registered users dont get added to any group (i need to manually assign each new registration where as when I use the k2 login all new users are added to the relevant joomla and k2 user group automatically.

any ideas? thanks..

More
14 years 3 months ago #77536 by Lefteris
Hi. If you don't want all the extra fields you can simply remove them from you template files.

Josh said:Hi and thanks for the reply. Ive tried to use the setting in the com parameters. It gives the options to use the k2 extended form or the standard joomla form. If I use the k2 form all works fine (new users are added to the relevant user group in joomla and k2) however I dont need all the extra info on the k2 form so i would like to use the default form but when i use the default login form newly registered users dont get added to any group (i need to manually assign each new registration where as when I use the k2 login all new users are added to the relevant joomla and k2 user group automatically.

any ideas? thanks..

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Josh
More
14 years 3 months ago #77537 by Josh
Hi
thanks again.. thats actually what i ended up doing ( i edited the register.php template correct? ) one thing though, what if i update k2, wont that file get updated too and my changes lost?

thanks

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. If you don't want all the extra fields you can simply remove them from you template files.
Josh said:Hi and thanks for the reply. Ive tried to use the setting in the com parameters. It gives the options to use the k2 extended form or the standard joomla form. If I use the k2 form all works fine (new users are added to the relevant user group in joomla and k2) however I dont need all the extra info on the k2 form so i would like to use the default form but when i use the default login form newly registered users dont get added to any group (i need to manually assign each new registration where as when I use the k2 login all new users are added to the relevant joomla and k2 user group automatically.
any ideas? thanks..