Keyword

Problem with the new version-the search box

• kiril Hristov Yovev
  • kiril Hristov Yovev's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #77586 by kiril Hristov Yovev
Problem with the new version-the search box was created by kiril Hristov Yovev
Hello. I installed the new version on this domain   www.razberi.info    but the search box is not working well. When you type some word in the box like dog, or cat or whatever the next thing you see on the screen is empty field with only the rss icon on the top right. You can try it on my domain. Try to find the article  with the tittle "i love joomla!" and you will see what i am talking about

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kiril Hristov Yovev
More
14 years 3 months ago #77587 by kiril Hristov Yovev
Replied by kiril Hristov Yovev on topic Problem with the new version-the search box
Strange, now i tryed again and it is working. But i saw the bug with my eyes !

• kiril Hristov Yovev
More
14 years 3 months ago #77588 by kiril Hristov Yovev
Replied by kiril Hristov Yovev on topic Problem with the new version-the search box
Sorry for the spam, but the default search in joomla and the search tool in 2.2 are not working well. I tryed ajax-based search with the rockettheme's rokajaxsearch module and is not working

More
14 years 2 months ago #77589 by Donovan Ryan Hay
Replied by Donovan Ryan Hay on topic Problem with the new version-the search box
Hi, i am having the exact same problem. Have you managed to work out what it is? I have only just installed and setup joomla and k2, so i haven't really played with anything yet, but the search on my site does exactly the same this! Its seriously strange!

Can ANYONE PLEASE help us out with this. ANY suggestion will be great! PLEASE!!!

More
14 years 2 months ago #77590 by Donovan Ryan Hay
Replied by Donovan Ryan Hay on topic Problem with the new version-the search box
Hi, OK, I have uploaded the files needed to fix this. Its not a proper fix, but its also not a hack. The k2 search plugin from version 2.1 seems to work properly and searches both tags and content, title...

All that you got to do is replace plugins/search/k2.php AND plugins/search/k2.xml
Just rename the two files you got on your server currently (e.g. k2.php_bak / k2.xml_bak ) and uplaod the two files that i have attach to the same directory. Thats it. It should work out the box

Hope this helps
Attachments:

More
14 years 2 months ago #77591 by Alan Stievano
Replied by Alan Stievano on topic Problem with the new version-the search box
Hi all,
I confirm that with the attached k2_serach 2.1 files now works the J! search, but using the k2 tools as search box, still not working....

hi

Donovan Ryan Hay said:Hi, OK, I have uploaded the files needed to fix this. Its not a proper fix, but its also not a hack. The k2 search plugin from version 2.1 seems to work properly and searches both tags and content, title...
All that you got to do is replace plugins/search/k2.php AND plugins/search/k2.xml
Just rename the two files you got on your server currently (e.g. k2.php_bak / k2.xml_bak ) and uplaod the two files that i have attach to the same directory. Thats it. It should work out the box

Hope this helps