Keyword

release notes say templates won't change but, mine did =(

• Mike C
  • Mike C's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #77599 by Mike C
I installed the new K2 without any issues, however, when I pulled the front end, nothing looks the way I had it before.  The release notes specifically say that the templates won't be overwritten no way no how.. please advise?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #77600 by troponin
If your template was placed in componentes/com_k2/templates and was called like the Original it is overwritten.
www.brain-style.de/K2-Templating/Lesson-1-K2-Templating-Vorbereitung.html

• Mike C
  • Mike C's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #77601 by Mike C
what do you mean called like the original? I had created folders for the various templates as instructed. It doesn't look like those files were overwritten according to the date of the files. However, I DO know that the look is different than it was before the upgrade.

More
14 years 3 months ago #77602 by Simon Wells
As far as I aware, the only file affected relate to the core K2 files, within Components etc.
Troponin is correct and is referring to the base K2 template called default.

If you may have created K2 templates outside of the K2 component folder and in your joomla templates folder, then these will not be affected.
I have written an item regarding theming here.

K2Joom

Mike C said:what do you mean called like the original? I had created folders for the various templates as instructed. It doesn't look like those files were overwritten according to the date of the files. However, I DO know that the look is different than it was before the upgrade.

More
14 years 3 months ago #77603 by Wire Creative
Mike C said:what do you mean called like the original? I had created folders for the various templates as instructed. It doesn't look like those files were overwritten according to the date of the files. However, I DO know that the look is different than it was before the upgrade.

At least in the last version I've used, all templates shared the same CSS file, so perhaps while your custom template files were untouched, the shared CSS file was overwritten?

More
14 years 3 months ago #77604 by Simon Wells
Have you got the K2 Style enabled or disabled in the K2 parameters?

wirecreative said:Mike C said:what do you mean called like the original? I had created folders for the various templates as instructed. It doesn't look like those files were overwritten according to the date of the files. However, I DO know that the look is different than it was before the upgrade.

At least in the last version I've used, all templates shared the same CSS file, so perhaps while your custom template files were untouched, the shared CSS file was overwritten?