Keyword

Importing Joomla Content

• Anthony
  • Anthony's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #77681 by Anthony
Importing Joomla Content was created by Anthony
Hello! First of all I would like to say thanks for an awesome component!My issue may be a simple one but I'm a beginner to K2... First of all I have only 14 articles on my Joomla! site. I imported all of the articles, my first question is can/do I remove these from the Joomla! core? Secondly, I am using a rockettheme template with rokstories which is very similar to Front Page Slideshow (claims to integrate with K2). When publishing the front page content it wont load. All settings indicate that it should be working. Is there something I'm missing? Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #77682 by James Lahm
Replied by James Lahm on topic Importing Joomla Content
I had this same problem. It turns out that you must have an image defined in all of the articles that are going to be shown in the Rokstories component or none will display. So, check to make sure you have an image in your introductory text.

• Anthony
  • Anthony's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #77683 by Anthony
Replied by Anthony on topic Importing Joomla Content
I'm not quite sure what you mean there Sir :)

I imported all of my articles (content), all of the rokstories content had images (not sure what you mean by defined). Also not sure what you mean "...an image in your introductory text."

Thanks for you help!!

More
14 years 3 months ago #77684 by GWS-Desk
Replied by GWS-Desk on topic Importing Joomla Content
Hello,

Re # article: if you have imported them to K2 you can remove them from Joomla

Re # Rokstories: Have you installed Rokmodule component? Have you copied your articles to K2? Are they being loaded from K2?

More
14 years 3 months ago #77685 by James Lahm
Replied by James Lahm on topic Importing Joomla Content
Sorry! As I understand it, you need to have an image displayed in the introductory text ("introtext") portion of the K2 items used in the Rokstories module. If you are not seeing a separate area to edit the introtext in the K2 item editor, you'll need to go into K2's Parameters/Advanced Settings and set the first option of "Use one editor window for introtext & fulltext" to "No".

Hope this is a little clearer. :-)

Anthony said:I'm not quite sure what you mean there Sir :) I imported all of my articles (content), all of the rokstories content had images (not sure what you mean by defined). Also not sure what you mean "...an image in your introductory text."
Thanks for you help!!

More
14 years 3 months ago #77686 by GWS-Desk
Replied by GWS-Desk on topic Importing Joomla Content
Jim +1