Keyword

Newsflash replacement? - K2 x Core content bug?

• Flavia Silveira
  • Flavia Silveira's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #77736 by Flavia Silveira
Newsflash replacement? - K2 x Core content bug? was created by Flavia Silveira
I installed a brand new Joomla! 1.5.15 site without any sample data. Then installed K2 to handle all the content without all the extra stuff that the sample data installs.I then created my categories, sub-categories and added content items to them.Now I need to create a newsflash module pulling content from one of the categories but the default Newsflash module cannot see the category from K2 and that means I would have to duplicate the content in the core tables.Is there a way around this or even, is this a known issue? I did a search for "newsflash" on this forum and came out empty handed.Anybody from the K2 team has any input on this?Flavia

Flavia
Geek. Author. Role Player.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #77737 by Hilary Cheyne
Replied by Hilary Cheyne on topic Newsflash replacement? - K2 x Core content bug?
I am very new to K2 but you should see a demo module (Module Manager) called K2 Content which was installed with your K2. You could use that to publish your newsflashes in the position you want.

@hilsatlvsonline

More
14 years 3 months ago #77738 by Hilary Cheyne

• Flavia Silveira
  • Flavia Silveira's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #77739 by Flavia Silveira
Replied by Flavia Silveira on topic Newsflash replacement? - K2 x Core content bug?
K2 content doesn't randomize like the core Newsflash does.
I need something that will allow me to set the number of items to whatever (in this case 1) and randomize through a category.
The RokNewsflash is surprisingly easy to use, style and configure and is ready to use K2 content too!! Very pleased with it.
Thank you for the recommendation!!

Flavia

Hilary Cheyne said:I am very new to K2 but you should see a demo module (Module Manager) called K2 Content which was installed with your K2. You could use that to publish your newsflashes in the position you want.
@hilsatlvsonline

Flavia
Geek. Author. Role Player.

More
14 years 3 months ago #77740 by BBC
K2 content doesn't randomize like the core Newsflash does.

K2 content module does randomize. I am using it. In module settings choose "Item ordering - Random ordering".

There is not slide effects in module. It randomize only per page refresh.
Are You looking for some special effects in newsflash module?

More
14 years 3 months ago #77741 by BBC
Strange that UCD module can´t show items from K2. It is a module from Joomlaworks too.
forum.joomlaworks.gr/index.php?topic=9416.0
Otherways it is a best module for parsing plugins in module. I tested it with all my plugins and it never failed.