Keyword

Help! I can't get K2 to work?!

• AtomicWaste12
  • AtomicWaste12's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #77786 by AtomicWaste12
Help! I can't get K2 to work?! was created by AtomicWaste12
Hi I need help to get K2 to work properly. I am a new user to both Joomla and hence K2. I like what I have read and seen and would like to develop my own website. I want to use K2 for its nesting menu options and other flexibilties. I downloaded v2.2 and installed as per install/uninstall routine. All fine. I also imported content from the website and it has imported everything and I can see the categories and the nested categories. I can see the articles but when I edit them I save and then preview the website and I cannot see the updates or the edits. Also, though I have installed the simple image extension (free) when I go the tab for image gallery I still get the message that the plugin needs to be installed. I do not know where I am going wrong? BTW I still have the articles/content in the joomla 1.5 manager please help. thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #77787 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Help! I can't get K2 to work?!
OK, when you view your sire, you are still seeing the Joomla Articles and not the K2 Items that it has imported.

All your menus will still be pointing to Joomla content, so you need to go into them and assign them to the relevant K2 category or items.

For SIG there are several threads on this forum. You might also need update SIG file which I just tested here.

K2Joom.com

• AtomicWaste12
More
14 years 3 months ago #77788 by AtomicWaste12
Replied by AtomicWaste12 on topic Help! I can't get K2 to work?!
Hi Simon

Thanks for getting back to me on this issue. Your explanation is very helpful. May I impose another request, I was hoping that you could also show me how the reassigning could be done or if you could point me to the right part of the forum. Once again thank you.

Simon Wells said:OK, when you view your sire, you are still seeing the Joomla Articles and not the K2 Items that it has imported.
All your menus will still be pointing to Joomla content, so you need to go into them and assign them to the relevant K2 category or items.

For SIG there are several threads on this forum. You might also need update SIG file which I just tested here.

K2Joom.com

• AtomicWaste12
More
14 years 3 months ago #77789 by AtomicWaste12
Hi Simon

I figured it out but am now stuck on getting home and the items associated with home into K2. I would be grateful for any input. Many thanks.

AtomicWaste12 said:Hi Simon
Thanks for getting back to me on this issue. Your explanation is very helpful. May I impose another request, I was hoping that you could also show me how the reassigning could be done or if you could point me to the right part of the forum. Once again thank you.

Simon Wells said:OK, when you view your sire, you are still seeing the Joomla Articles and not the K2 Items that it has imported. All your menus will still be pointing to Joomla content, so you need to go into them and assign them to the relevant K2 category or items.

K2Joom.com

More
14 years 3 months ago #77790 by Simon Wells
Well, it depends on what you want to be published to your home page.
Consider using the K2 supplied modules to display items from a category or new comments.

In the Menu Manager, you can specify a single k2 item, or a category.
The category could then be modified and styled how you wish it to appear.

I figured it out but am now stuck on getting home and the items associated with home into K2. I would be grateful for any input. Many thanks.

AtomicWaste12 said:Hi Simon Thanks for getting back to me on this issue. Your explanation is very helpful. May I impose another request, I was hoping that you could also show me how the reassigning could be done or if you could point me to the right part of the forum. Once again thank you.

Simon Wells said:OK, when you view your sire, you are still seeing the Joomla Articles and not the K2 Items that it has imported. All your menus will still be pointing to Joomla content, so you need to go into them and assign them to the relevant K2 category or items.

K2Joom.com

• AtomicWaste12
More
14 years 3 months ago #77791 by AtomicWaste12
Hi Simon

I really appreciate the help you are gving. I am sorry to be so, well, such a newbie, Can you also help with nested menus. If I may explain what I mean: On my main menu I want to display

Home
Services
|- Litigation
|-Criminal
|-Family
|-Wills and Probates
etc

Before K2 I had services as Section and the others as categories. I then assicated each article to these categories, however I was hoping that in the menu in the website I would see Home, then Services which when I hovered over it would open a submenu with all the child categories linked to services etc, however what I have is a big menu with all the child categories displayed. Any input on this would be great. Thanks

More
14 years 3 months ago #77792 by Simon Wells
The menu and category tree should be built in a similar way as each other.

For the Categories . . .

Services (Main Category)
- Litigation (Sub Category)
-Criminal (Sub Category)
-Family (Sub Category)
-Wills and Probates (Sub Category)

For the Menus

Services (Main Menu pointing to K2 Category)
- Litigation (Sub Menu item pointing to K2 Sub Category)
-Criminal (Sub Menu item pointing to K2 Sub Category)
-Family (Sub Menu item pointing to K2 Sub Category)
-Wills and Probates (Sub Menu item pointing to K2 Sub Category)

If all your child menus are being displayed, check the parameters in your Menu Module, "Always show sub-menu Items"

You are more than welcome to ask questions, we all have to learn.

I really appreciate the help you are gving. I am sorry to be so, well, such a newbie, Can you also help with nested menus. If I may explain what I mean: On my main menu I want to display

Home
Services
|- Litigation
|-Criminal
|-Family
|-Wills and Probates
etc

Before K2 I had services as Section and the others as categories. I then assicated each article to these categories, however I was hoping that in the menu in the website I would see Home, then Services which when I hovered over it would open a submenu with all the child categories linked to services etc, however what I have is a big menu with all the child categories displayed. Any input on this would be great. Thanks