Keyword

Latest View Link Save

• troponin
  • troponin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #77917 by troponin
Latest View Link Save was created by troponin
hey,I have a Prob with the new 2.2 View Latest. If I want to create a Menulink it just save the link to the root. All my changes dont take effect on the link (see attached file) after saving.The Prob just exist at this Option - all the other works fine. Someone an idea ?thx
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #77918 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Latest View Link Save
What kind of link is that you are creating Item or category?
Is that Latest items from (one or more) users or categories?
If so, then I make this Menu Item.
I just tested the menu link and I get an error. " Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /components/com_k2/views/latest/view.html.php on line 120"

Line 120 reads "foreach($usersIDs as $userID){"

• troponin
  • troponin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #77919 by troponin
Replied by troponin on topic Latest View Link Save
I create Latest Item from User - for Testing I just using one Member. I can do this for Category too but its the same Prob.

The Link Options dont change after saving, so the Menu Link brings
me back to root. Plz see attached File and Testmenuitem @ brain-style.de at the Footer Menu called testmenu

More
14 years 3 months ago #77920 by Simon Wells
OK, my problem is operator error.

If anyone else has same problem as me, then check that you selected a user or category first.

I do not see the menu link in your footer.

Troponin said:I create Latest Item from User - for Testing I just using one Member. I can do this for Category too but its the same Prob.
The Link Options dont change after saving, so the Menu Link brings
me back to root. Plz see attached File and Testmenuitem @ brain-style.de at the Footer Menu called testmenu

More
14 years 3 months ago #77921 by Simon Wells
I created two menu items to two different users and categories and they both have the same URL but different ID.
Looks like K2 is not assigning the ID to the URL upon saving the menu item, looks like a special feature.

Mine has an extra error, which I need to look at.

Bug Fix Report I think.

K2Joom said:OK, my problem is operator error.

If anyone else has same problem as me, then check that you selected a user or category first.

Troponin said:I create Latest Item from User - for Testing I just using one Member. I can do this for Category too but its the same Prob. The Link Options dont change after saving, so the Menu Link brings

More
14 years 3 months ago #77922 by Simon Wells
I rechecked and refreshed.

Both my Mneu Items have different IDs, 61 and 62.
Although they are pointing at different users, they only show my details, plus an error too.

K2Joom said:I created two menu items to two different users and categories and they both have the same URL but different ID. Looks like K2 is not assigning the ID to the URL upon saving the menu item, looks like a special feature.
Mine has an extra error, which I need to look at.

Bug Fix Report I think.

K2Joom said:OK, my problem is operator error. If anyone else has same problem as me, then check that you selected a user or category first.

Troponin said:I create Latest Item from User - for Testing I just using one Member. I can do this for Category too but its the same Prob. The Link Options dont change after saving, so the Menu Link brings me back to root. Plz see attached File and Testmenuitem @ brain-style.de at the Footer Menu called testmenu

More
14 years 3 months ago #77923 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Latest View Link Save
Hi. The URL should not change. The selected users or categories IDs are stored in the menu item's parameters. You shouldn't have any problems as each menu link has a different Item id (alias when SEF is enabled) which carries it's parameters.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 3 months ago #77924 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Latest View Link Save
This obviously occurred because of some hard-coded link to that view, without the proper menu Itemid. In that case, the warning is spit out because joomla does not properly "send" the required view parameters.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)