Keyword

Word Documents downloading Encrypted

• Trina Snow
  • Trina Snow's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #77961 by Trina Snow
Word Documents downloading Encrypted was created by Trina Snow
Hi all is anyone else having a problem with word documents downloading encrypted from K2? I use Word 2007 and save documents as 2003, however when some of my users download the documents they appear encrypted. this happens to me when I download from the backend, I receive the message "word cannot start the converter MSwrd632" and the document is encrypted. Having looked this up it appeared initially to be a msn issue with a security update from 2009 so I tried to zip the word documents using 7zip and uploaded the zip file. The zip file is unable to be opened once downloaded. If I try to save in Rich Text Format K2 puts .txt after the .rtf so that does not work either. Most of my files are PDF's which work fine but I need to also be able to load work documents for download, can anyone help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #77962 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Word Documents downloading Encrypted
Hi. This is very weird. I cannot reproduce the bug. Please try uploading a file and then download it again (using FTP or direct link). Then compare the two files ( the original on your PC and the one you downloaded ). This way we can detect if the problem occurs while uploading or downloading from K2. Both files should behave exactly the same way and they should have the same size.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Trina Snow
More
14 years 3 months ago #77963 by Trina Snow
Replied by Trina Snow on topic Word Documents downloading Encrypted
It is weird there appears to be no difference in the size of the documents. when I download from the front end they are fine, it is only when I download from the back end that I can replicate the problem that some members are having.

• Trina Snow
More
14 years 3 months ago #77964 by Trina Snow
Replied by Trina Snow on topic Word Documents downloading Encrypted
Trina Snow said:It is weird there appears to be no difference in the size of the documents. when I download from the front end they are fine, it is only when I download from the back end that I can replicate the problem that some members are having.
The first file is the original and the file attached to this thread is the file I have downloaded that is now encrypted.

More
14 years 3 months ago #77965 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Word Documents downloading Encrypted
If it is of any use, I have tested using V2.2 on J! 1.5.15 and can upload word 2003 and 2007 files into an item from thee backend and then download them and read them through the front end without any issue.

File size remains the same on both files types on prior to upload and after download.

Placing the files to a folder through ftp (cPanel) also has no issue too.

K2Joom