Keyword

SEF and K2

• Simon Wells
  • Simon Wells's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #78311 by Simon Wells
SEF and K2 was created by Simon Wells
Is anyone successfully using either Joomla or a 3rd Party SEF components?If so, can you please answer the following:
Which SEF are you using
Did you have to modify any files?

Yes, which ones.

What did you have to change.
Do all K2 page types get regenerated correctly.
Do you have any specific advise based on your experience.
Do you have any outstanding issues.

Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Simon Wells
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #78312 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic SEF and K2
I have tried Joomla core SEF, sh404SEF and AceSEF.

At the moment I am still compiling information.

• Simon Wells
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #78313 by Simon Wells
Hi Jason,
So you installed and just enabled it?
No configuration at all?

Jason said:I am using sh404sef and it is working flawlessly with K2. I did not modify any files. It works great! Just remember to purge your sef urls after you make changes to categories and module positions or you may not see the changes. I am not aware of any outstanding issues. I have been using sh404sef for over a year on several sites and for several months on 2 live K2 sites.

• Simon Wells
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #78314 by Simon Wells
Ummmmm, I will have to look into the sh404SEF htaccess file as a replacement, might where things are going wrong.

I was trying AceSEF, but for some reason, it added a "1" character into every item posted, took me hours to solve that one!!

Thanks for your advise.

Jason said:There is a bit of configuration initially. Setting up the htaccess file is the only configuration that has to be done outside of the backend menu settings. I was able to copy the htaccess file for sh404sef and paste it into my existing htaccess file provided by me web host. Other than that, I did not have to modify any Joomla, K2 or any other files. There is an option to use sh404sef without the htaccess file, but the urls dont look as good.
K2Joom said:Hi Jason, So you installed and just enabled it? No configuration at all?

Jason said:I am using sh404sef and it is working flawlessly with K2. I did not modify any files. It works great! Just remember to purge your sef urls after you make changes to categories and module positions or you may not see the changes. I am not aware of any outstanding issues. I have been using sh404sef for over a year on several sites and for several months on 2 live K2 sites.

More
14 years 3 months ago #78315 by robm
Replied by robm on topic SEF and K2
I will test sh404sef also on friday. I'll let you guys know my findings about it

K2Joom said:Ummmmm, I will have to look into the sh404SEF htaccess file as a replacement, might where things are going wrong.I was trying AceSEF, but for some reason, it added a "1" character into every item posted, took me hours to solve that one!!Thanks for your advise.Jason said:There is a bit of configuration initially. Setting up the htaccess file is the only configuration that has to be done outside of the backend menu settings. I was able to copy the htaccess file for sh404sef and paste it into my existing htaccess file provided by me web host. Other than that, I did not have to modify any Joomla, K2 or any other files. There is an option to use sh404sef without the htaccess file, but the urls dont look as good.K2Joom said:Hi Jason,So you installed and just enabled it?No configuration at all?Jason said:I am using sh404sef and it is working flawlessly with K2. I did not modify any files. It works great! Just remember to purge your sef urls after you make changes to categories and module positions or you may not see the changes. I am not aware of any outstanding issues. I have been using sh404sef for over a year on several sites and for several months on 2 live K2 sites.

• Simon Wells
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #78316 by Simon Wells
I have revisited this on a new virgin install and it worked!!
The only change was to set it htaccess mode.

I then checked my settings on K2Joom where sh404sef has sat installed but disabled since Joomla was installed.
.htaccess mode was already enabled, so i simply re-enabled the component and bizarrely, it now works.

I can not be sure, but can only guess, that there must of been some conflict but I dont know what with.

Παναγιώτης (Core Studios) said:Well I've installed sh404SEF 1.5.6.398 with K2 2.1 and it works great. The only configuration was to switch sh404SEF to .htaccess mode.