Keyword

K2 + images ?? problem

• Eerie Nim
  • Eerie Nim's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #78372 by Eerie Nim
K2 + images ?? problem was created by Eerie Nim
I have installed K2 and is a pretty nice extension. Your site is pretty cool too.I have a question/problem though. I like , and 'till now use, JUMultithumb extension for images. Is this extension compatible with K2? If it's not, which are my options to have a nice article image plugin to zoom/show images ( which images plug-in do you use on this k2 demo page?) If it is, do you have any idea why it doesn't work for me?thx alot, I hope you'll help me soon =)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #78373 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic K2 + images ?? problem
K2 uses an "intro" image which can be selected in a tab when writing an item.
There are also parameters to control the size of the intro image and full image.

When viewing content in a category on the frontside, any intro text and image can then be displayed.
When the image is clicked appears in the pop up.

This intro view, can also then include a link to the full item view.

• Eerie Nim
More
14 years 3 months ago #78374 by Eerie Nim
Replied by Eerie Nim on topic K2 + images ?? problem
Yes, I tested this "intro" image but isn't what I'm seeking.

First of all because every every article can have just one, and only in the top of the article.

Secondly because when I'm clicking the image (the article which contains my image is among others in a blog category) it first moves me to original article and then is possible to click and view the image in a pop up. I don't even want the articles to be shown separately.

I want to have something like a tutorial under a item listing category. Some 'steps' contains an image which are the ones I would like to be clickable.

More
14 years 3 months ago #78375 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic K2 + images ?? problem
To me, it seems that you would need to make a micro theme to be able to do this.
There is information on here and a guide at K2joom.com to be able to this.
this will then allow you to choose the K2 micro template you wish, instead of just the default, listed within the category option.

Once you have the new micro template you would then have to make some modifications.
My idea would be to copy the code associated with the image pop up from the item.php and the place it in to either the category or category_item.php.

You would also need configure you category parameters too, to get the desired effect.

I would offer to help to test something but at the moment, I am snowed under with other support and development tests at k2joom.

any questions, ask away.
I will

Eerie Nim said:Yes, I tested this "intro" image but isn't what I'm seeking.
First of all because every every article can have just one, and only in the top of the article.

Secondly because when I'm clicking the image (the article which contains my image is among others in a blog category) it first moves me to original article and then is possible to click and view the image in a pop up. I don't even want the articles to be shown separately.

I want to have something like a tutorial under a item listing category. Some 'steps' contains an image which are the ones I would like to be clickable.

• Eerie Nim
More
14 years 2 months ago #78376 by Eerie Nim
Replied by Eerie Nim on topic K2 + images ?? problem
Ok I'll see what I can do with a 'micro theme', haven't heard it before =) I'll post my results

K2Joom said:To me, it seems that you would need to make a micro theme to be able to do this. There is information on here and a guide at K2joom.com to be able to this.
this will then allow you to choose the K2 micro template you wish, instead of just the default, listed within the category option.

Once you have the new micro template you would then have to make some modifications.
My idea would be to copy the code associated with the image pop up from the item.php and the place it in to either the category or category_item.php.

You would also need configure you category parameters too, to get the desired effect.

I would offer to help to test something but at the moment, I am snowed under with other support and development tests at k2joom.

any questions, ask away.
I will

Eerie Nim said:Yes, I tested this "intro" image but isn't what I'm seeking. First of all because every every article can have just one, and only in the top of the article.