Keyword

Trouble setting up category/article page

• HomesteadMommy
  • HomesteadMommy's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #78537 by HomesteadMommy
Trouble setting up category/article page was created by HomesteadMommy
I've been trying to redo my site for the last few days.  Getting not very far lol.  I would really appreciate any help you could share!Originally I wanted a topic page ie Recipes.Then on that page I wanted a Category name with that sections articles displayed below it.  Then the next Category name and articles.  Something like this:RecipesCookiesrecipe 1recipe 2Breadsrecipe 1 etc.I've asked on joomla's forum about a plugin that might do this for me with out many ideas.  I can get a section blog set up.  You can see it here: www.homestead-acres.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=6&Itemid=91I like it but again I can't get a category name to divided the groups.... :-SSo I decided to give K2 a try.  I like the layout of this demo page.  demo.getk2.org/en/categoriesSo I'm trying to set up something similar.  If I could get a page like that with the little box display for each category would be great.  I'm trying K2 on this page but can't get the layouts right... www.homestead-acres.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&Itemid=94If someone could tell me how to set that up I'd appreciate it!  If I can get the boxes set up once clicked I'd like them to open to a blog lay out like in the first link.Also do I have to copy over all the articles on my site and add them manually to K2?  So far I haven't found a way to automatically apply K2 to existing joomla articles...Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HomesteadMommy
More
14 years 2 months ago #78538 by HomesteadMommy
Replied by HomesteadMommy on topic Trouble setting up category/article page
Ok I figured out were the import was lol. But I don't want to do it until I know I can get the layout I want...

• HomesteadMommy
More
14 years 2 months ago #78539 by HomesteadMommy
Replied by HomesteadMommy on topic Trouble setting up category/article page
I'm sorry for posting so many times! But after I posted the light bulb went on lol. I got the category boxes set up.

Now I'm just trying to figure out how to set up the article/item display like a blog section. Like I had here.
www.homestead-acres.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=6&Itemid=91