Keyword

Need urgent help with image galleries and videos

• Daniel Munteanu
  • Daniel Munteanu's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #78560 by Daniel Munteanu
Need urgent help with image galleries and videos was created by Daniel Munteanu
 I want to use inside a item a image gallery, I installed Simple Image Gallery but I still receive the message - Notice: Please install JoomlaWorks Simple Image Gallery (Free/Pro) plugin if you want to use the image gallery features of K2!
When I want to ad a movie from an external source I go to tab USE REMOTE VIDEO and I paste a URL from Youtube and when I click on Apply or Save the url go blank 

Please give me some help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Zonegig Design, LLC
More
14 years 3 months ago #78561 by Zonegig Design, LLC
Replied by Zonegig Design, LLC on topic Need urgent help with image galleries and videos
For the SIG problem go into your /plugins/content directory and make sure that the following file is there and named exactly as shown 'jw_sig.php'. That's JW then underscore then SIG.PHP. I believe that this solution has been posted a couple of times.

Regarding the video, try using the 'Video from Provider' tab instead and provide the video id.

• Daniel Munteanu
  • Daniel Munteanu's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #78562 by Daniel Munteanu
Replied by Daniel Munteanu on topic Need urgent help with image galleries and videos
Thanks a lot
Now I got the message "Simple Image Gallery Plugin - Installed" and when I in the ITEM I noticed that the Image gallery tab contain only one button - Upload a zip file with images - so that mean I can not use images that are already uploaded on on image /stories/myfolder... and I have to create a archive on local computer, and more after renaming the file 'jw_sig.php' all the galleries in the old pages stop working. I give up and simply write in the Content tab of the Item {gallery}my folder{/gallery} and that worked.
Please give me an advice, I use templates from YOOtheme, they have something similar to K2 called ZOO but you have to pay for it but I noticed that the templates from Rockettheme are designed for K2 do you have an opinion about that?

Bill Borque said:For the SIG problem go into your /plugins/content directory and make sure that the following file is there and named exactly as shown 'jw_sig.php'. That's JW then underscore then SIG.PHP. I believe that this solution has been posted a couple of times.
Regarding the video, try using the 'Video from Provider' tab instead and provide the video id.

• Zonegig Design, LLC
More
14 years 3 months ago #78563 by Zonegig Design, LLC
Replied by Zonegig Design, LLC on topic Need urgent help with image galleries and videos
I use RocketTheme and K2 and have been very happy. Most of the newer templates contain either some CSS overrides to support K2 or extensive overrides that make the K2 content fit seamlessly with the RocketTheme template. I don't have any experience with YooTheme or Zoo so I am not in a position to provide any comparison information. Many of the RocketTheme extensions have also been upgraded to provide native support K2 comment:

* RokStories - RockeTheme's sophisticated news/image rotator
* RokTabs - RocketTheme's easy to use and super flexible tabs module
* RokNewsPager - RocketTheme's AJAX powered latest news module
* RokNewsflash - RocketTheme's rotating news headline module

See the following link for more details:

www.rockettheme.com/blog/extensions/361-extensions-with-k2-support