Keyword

Frontend MetaData information tab

• ilan76
  • ilan76's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #78615 by ilan76
Frontend MetaData information tab was created by ilan76
Hi,I really would like to add meta data information from the frontend.Does Anybody know how to achieve that?I was able to display the Meta data tab by going to:/component/com_k2/views/item/tmpl/form.php and remove the comment tags from around the metadata part of the form. But the tab is not collapsible, thus can't enter any data in description and keywords fields.Can anyone please help on this issue, I think the metadata information is extremely important from front-end editing.I will appreciate any help.Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ilan76
More
14 years 2 months ago #78616 by ilan76
Replied by ilan76 on topic Frontend MetaData information tab
No one can help on this?

• ilan76
More
14 years 2 months ago #78617 by ilan76
Is this forum alive? no one encountered or knows about this issue?
should be pretty easy and simple. It's definitely critical and mandatory for front-end editing...

More
14 years 2 months ago #78618 by piperchick
Replied by piperchick on topic Frontend MetaData information tab
I can't help, but would like to see a fix, as well.

More
14 years 2 months ago #78619 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Frontend MetaData information tab
I just took a look into this issue and can replicate it.

It looks to me that this can be resolved as I suspect some of the right side bar features have been disabled in the front side view. At this stage, I do not know why, but there is probably a reason why this was done this way.

I would be happy to take a look, but at the moment I am spending time to fix some other core issues with higher priority.

Either log this in the Bug Report forum, or pop over to K2Joom.com and post a request in the forums. That way I will have a record to look at it soon.

Regards,

Simon @ K2Joom.com

• ilan76
More
14 years 2 months ago #78620 by ilan76
Hi Simon, thanks for your reply.
I believe it's a high priority as-well as meta data entry for frontend editing is certainly a must and I see many people are asking for it.
One of the great things about this component is the easy way users can submit articles/blogs, but it must be SEO optimized.
Please take a look at it as soon as you can. I will move this post to bug report as-well.
BTW, when is next version with the bug fixes supposed to come out? hopefully very soon...
Thanks again.

K2Joom said:I just took a look into this issue and can replicate it.
It looks to me that this can be resolved as I suspect some of the right side bar features have been disabled in the front side view. At this stage, I do not know why, but there is probably a reason why this was done this way.

I would be happy to take a look, but at the moment I am spending time to fix some other core issues with higher priority.

Either log this in the Bug Report forum, or pop over to K2Joom.com and post a request in the forums. That way I will have a record to look at it soon.

Regards,

Simon @ K2Joom.com

More
14 years 2 months ago #78621 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Frontend MetaData information tab
Not sure when the next version will be ready or what features it will contain.

Regards,

K2Joom.com