Keyword

Integrating K2 with existing directory.

• k2k2k2
  • k2k2k2's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #78778 by k2k2k2
Ok, I have spent the morning getting to know the interface and reading the getting started. I know K2 is going to be able to help out. I wondered if you could help answer this question I posted on the main J! forum last week (apologies for all of the capitals)
**************************************Hi,I have [stupidly] gone down the route of developing a directory site where bya) SECTIONS: are the ORGANISATION nameb) CATEGORIES: are the styles of CONTENT they post (news, events, their main page)c) A large accordion menu exists that allows you to search on an A-Z basis for the type of SERVICE, then this is the sub menus open up to allow you to search by LOCATIONI did a) and b) so I could implement Access Control (before I knew about the access control of K2 :-)), and it works very well, as each advertisor/registered user can only edit their own pages.But, I would like to get a nice simple A-Z, or an easy way to search, that returns results based on TYPE of service or LOCATION (which would be more user friendly than a TALL menu structure)***********************************

Now this morning I have managed to pop a LOCATION category above what was a ORGANISATION section pre-K2, which is great.

I think the best question to ask, is how can I replicate the A-Z menu structure found on the LHS side of my site, themeonvalley.net? I think it is going to be possible to have:

SERVICE (k2 root cat)
>>>LOCATION (k2)
>>>>>>ORGANISATION (existing sections)
>>>>>>>>>CONTENT? (existing categories)

How do extra fields and extra field groups fit in with my plans. I can't get my head round these at all, ie how you leverage them in modules etc. The tagging is great!

Thanks..

M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.