Keyword

mod_k2_content customization

• Ashfaq Rahman
  • Ashfaq Rahman's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #78785 by Ashfaq Rahman
mod_k2_content customization was created by Ashfaq Rahman
Hi i,m using k2 from yesterday and I am very happy with all features its providing. I need some customization in k2_content module. actually I want to display the latest news's with a short title a thumbnail and a little description. But K2 only shows it vertical not horizontally. I have tried to change the css and make it horizontal but k2 dot make all thumbnail same size so when a news is little bigger then other like title is long and image is smaller or bigger it breaks down. Is there any easy way to show all latest news horizontally in front page? and can we ad a limit in title like intro text in front page to show? does k2 resize all thumbnil same size to show in frontpage by which I can make alignment right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #78786 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic mod_k2_content customization
Hi Ashfaqur,

There is no option to add a text limit to the Title.
Image resizing is taken care in several ways. K2 params contains all the default sizes. Per Category, sizes can over ride this, with individual items can also over ride further.
Alignment of images would have to be done using css for catItemImage, subCategoryImage etc.

With regards to the k2_content display to be horizontal, do you mean in columns?
Perhaps you should be looking at how the category, and /or sub category is setup to display this for you.

Hope this helps, look forward to your reply.

Regards,

K2Joom.com

• Ashfaq Rahman
  • Ashfaq Rahman's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #78787 by Ashfaq Rahman
Replied by Ashfaq Rahman on topic mod_k2_content customization
Hello dude
Thanks a lot for your replies it helps me a lot but I need to upload the images again. K2 can,t re-size it instantly. I want to show latest articles in a module in frontage with thumbnail images and title like joomla,s built in latest news module but not vertically I want it horizontally
Thanks

K2Joom said:Hi Ashfaqur,
There is no option to add a text limit to the Title.
Image resizing is taken care in several ways. K2 params contains all the default sizes. Per Category, sizes can over ride this, with individual items can also over ride further.
Alignment of images would have to be done using css for catItemImage, subCategoryImage etc.

With regards to the k2_content display to be horizontal, do you mean in columns?
Perhaps you should be looking at how the category, and /or sub category is setup to display this for you.

Hope this helps, look forward to your reply.

Regards,

K2Joom.com