Keyword

How can I create a new page with a list of my catagories, hpyerlinked?

• Emily Aiken
  • Emily Aiken's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #78918 by Emily Aiken
Hello all. So glad to have found this community!
I had hired someone to redesign my website with joomla. Due to disagreements, we are not working together anymore. He had only gotten about half way through it. Now, I am in the process of learning as much as I can, so that I can be my own webmaster. 

My site has over 1000 archived articles. That webmaster organized them as such:

Category- "Magazine"- (as a side note....can I change the name of this category without screwing anything up?)
Sub categories to "Magazine"- Here there are 50 different topics

The webmaster created a module, "Archived Articles" and then placed the list of my 50 subcategories within that module (each category is linked). It is now on my frontpage in the left.

I have another module, "Featured Articles". It has a list of 15 current topics.

Category-Featured Article 
Sub categories- the 15 topics

What I want to do is add a subcategory to "Featured Articles" called "More Topics". I want this page to link to a whole new page with a list of of my archived article topics/subcategories.

In the new page I create, which "More Topics" will hyperlink to; is there an easy way to create this already hyperllinked list of subcatagories/topics? In other words, I just want the new page to list the archived topics and hyperlink them to there corresponding articles.
My list of featured topics is in alphabetical order. Can I place "More Topics" on the bottom of this list easily, or do I have to order them all manually?

Gratefully,
Emily

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.