Keyword

Permission Issues With K2

• Lanesa Stubbs
  • Lanesa Stubbs's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #78957 by Lanesa Stubbs
Permission Issues With K2 was created by Lanesa Stubbs
I'm having some permission issues with K2. This is the first implementation on a live site and I'm having two issues. 1. Is the permissions. I assigned a user as a site owner and they are unable to post articles as a site owner. If i switch the user to the super administrator only then will it allow me to post the articles.2. The Aricle Order is a major issue. I added the articles to the site in two days and then tried to place them in the order by reordering them and clicking the save icon. Well it wouldn't work that way so i tried giving them all a different date and it still would not work for me. I have selected every option under the category parameter to see if it would reverse the ordering, most recent, by rating and it just does not seem to be working. I'm sure it's a bug because it doesn't matter which option, I select, it does not change the ordering. Can someone please help me. thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #78958 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Permission Issues With K2
Hey There,

1) Are you using the K2 User Group or still using Joomla User Manager?
You need to import your Joomla Users in to K2, then configure which K2 User Group they should belong to.
Each K2 User Group can have different privileges.

2) Check the parameters of the Category which your K2 Items are set, as you can configure the order they appear that way. I suspect that this is over riding what you are trying to do. Reordering K2 items in the list or changing the dates will have no affect, unless you have chosen that specific ordering option within the category.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

K2Joom.com

• Lanesa Stubbs
  • Lanesa Stubbs's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #78959 by Lanesa Stubbs
Replied by Lanesa Stubbs on topic Permission Issues With K2
Thanks K2Joom,

You are correct!!! I the problem was that I had the home page set to User Blog, Instead of Categories on the home page so when the other user was trying to post, he was unable to do so. As soon as I corrected this issue he was able to post. Also, I'm still not sure about the ordering because he unpublished about 18 of the blog articles do to frustration, so I will publish a few and see if the order is being affected. Thanks Again!!!!