Keyword

Latest items view mixes items from several categories

• fresco
  • fresco's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #79002 by fresco
Hi, in a freshly installed v2.2 I've set the latest view menu type to categories, in order to show on 3 columns items belonging to categories and their subcategories.Item view options (set below) effect... is set to "effect the first item only..."categories' titles are correctly shown, the problem is that column containing the second category replicates items from the first category, thirs column shows correct items, 4th column replicates items from 3rd and so on..
I think it's a bug, I've selected only the parameters required, what else could I do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #79003 by Simon Wells
This is an unusual one, and from all the different peritations of category parameters I have set so far, I have not encountered this kind of thing.

Can you supply a link to the page in question?

Would you also be willing to set up an admin login if required?
If so, then shoot me a PM to discuss.

Regards,

K2Joom.com

• fresco
More
14 years 2 months ago #79004 by fresco
Dear Simon, i've sent you an email and a forum post with further details, I suppose you didn't receive it. Unfortunately the website is still offline, but I've created an account for you to check it. Please let me know if you can.

K2Joom said:This is an unusual one, and from all the different peritations of category parameters I have set so far, I have not encountered this kind of thing.
Can you supply a link to the page in question?

Would you also be willing to set up an admin login if required?
If so, then shoot me a PM to discuss.

Regards,

K2Joom.com

• fresco
More
14 years 2 months ago #79005 by fresco
I can't really understand, I've tried with different enviroments, now also with new template joomlpraise, and the problem still persists...
I've got this latest items view on frontpage, set to 3 columns(but the same happens with 2 or 1 column) and, and 5 categories (A,B,C,D,E) all with default parameters.
Every category has 5 subcategories , so A1, A2,...A5 and B1, B2...
When I publish 5 items everything is in order, when 6th item appears on cat A1, on frontpage (set with latest items view) all the following columns show items from A (expecially the first) mixed their own.
is it possible no one ever experienced this with 2.2?
please, help me

• fresco
More
14 years 2 months ago #79006 by fresco
I've tried on localhost with the latest svn files and it works...
is it safe to use it?
lefteridis, can you say anything about this?

More
14 years 2 months ago #79007 by Ivo Apostolov
Replied by Ivo Apostolov on topic Latest items view mixes items from several categories
I have the very similar bug. In my case, all of the categories fletch the items from only one cat.

More
14 years 2 months ago #79008 by Ivo Apostolov
Replied by Ivo Apostolov on topic Latest items view mixes items from several categories
It appears that if category is empty (or does not have sufficient articles to display) this view gets articles from other categories.