Keyword

Use Joomla Front Page Component As Default Home But Use K2 RSS

• FidelGonzales
  • FidelGonzales's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #79047 by FidelGonzales
I am currently using Joomla Front Page Component for my default home page. I would like to keep it this way, since everything in K2 resides in a category called blogs and linked in the Joomla menu as .../blogs. Therefore, if I were to use K2 as the default home page, everything in blogs would inherit the same published modules from the home page upon the blogs.I recall but do not remember the specifics of manually hard coding additional RSS parameters into the RSS icon link within the URL bar. I don't know that this is the ideal way to do this in Joomla 1.5 or of there is another alternative.Perhaps one alternative I haven't tried is creating a bogus root category above /blogs, such as /rootcategory/blogs, link the home page to the rootcategory, which should keep the home page modules specific to the default Joomla home page and maintain the blogs category where there are, without the rootcategory modules. I have a feeling, though, this will cause additional errors with other K2 URLs.Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.