Keyword

CSS Formatting disappears on some categories

• Marty Peet
  • Marty Peet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #79069 by Marty Peet
Hi, I'm a noob to k2. Have installed the latest version on a Joomla 1.5.15 site, Apache 2.0.54, PHP 5.2.6 and I'm using Firefox 3.6 as my primary browser when configuring/testing k2. Let me first say it looks to be an incredible product... my problem seems rather strange.

My site URL is langritangpa.peet.co.nz, I'm currently designing this site and using the URL for testing. I had initially created all the categories/sections/items within Joomla until my client asked for some layouts that would be a lot more easily created using k2 rather than hacking files. I installed k2, imported ALL Joomla content. I then created a default template category and played with all the settings until I felt quite comfortable with what each of the available settings changed, documenting as I went. Once I was happy with my template category I selected it in the 'Inherit parameter options from category' drop down box for EVERY category that had been imported into k2.

I then created a couple of menu links to k2 categories, you can see them on the site, Miffies New Category and New Item Link. Both displayed perfectly, just as I wanted/thought they would. I began creating links to all my k2 categories in the Our Programs menu. Having created all the links I tested them and.... PLEASE check the Beginners Courses, 1 Day Retreats & Courses, Home Study and Pujas and Practices links. Those links just don't work, they all BLOW the CSS/template/formatting out the window. I have looked at each category and can see no difference from the ones that work. I have looked at each item in each category and can see nothing that could/would cause this type of behaviour, I've checked out the source and the k2.css file is referenced/loaded.

Has anyone got any thoughts at all on what might be causing this to happen. One other thing these categories are all ONLY one level deep. Any help/pointers would be GREATLY appreciated... thx in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #79070 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic CSS Formatting disappears on some categories
Nice site.

Yes I see your problem in the beginners courses.
I can't offer a quick easy solution as it looks like it needs a look under the hood.
Are you using any Category Layout Templates? If so, is it set to the correct type, or are you just using the default k2?

Regards,

Simon
K2Joom.com

More
14 years 3 months ago #79071 by Gobezu Sewu
Replied by Gobezu Sewu on topic CSS Formatting disappears on some categories
@Marty, did you sort it out
if not pls be specific and do send us link of each of the pages you have issue with and what the issue is

More
14 years 3 months ago #79072 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic CSS Formatting disappears on some categories
The problem still exists Gobezu.

Simon

Gobezu Sewu said:@Marty, did you sort it out if not pls be specific and do send us link of each of the pages you have issue with and what the issue is

• Marty Peet
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #79073 by Marty Peet
Replied by Marty Peet on topic CSS Formatting disappears on some categories
Thought I posted the solution to this, but can't see it here, here goes again.

I assumed that the problem was with items within the categories. I began moving individual items in/out of categories to see if I could identify which ones were coursing the problems. EUREKA!!! I found a number of items in different categories that, when they were there, the entire formatting for that category link broke. It DIDN'T break if I viewed the item itself though. Looking through the html of each item I noticed a number of html tags that weren't 'closed'. The majority of them weretags. Once I removed or closed the offending tags, all category views were fine. Salutory lesson for all beginners, check your code!!! I had imported a number of these items from a pre-existing site site and HADN'T cleaned all the content, big error
Thanks to all those who answered my posting, great/awesome/unbelievable component!!!

• Marty Peet
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #79074 by Marty Peet
sorry, comments don't allow html tags, the majority of tags that caused problems were un-closed div tags

• Marty Peet
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 2 months ago #79075 by Marty Peet
As a further update to the problem above, I've identified something that may happen to those of us that aren't vigilante. If you create/import an article and insert a Read more tag using the Readmore button in JCE, the link will be inserted WITHOUT adding closing/opening tags before/after the HR tags. This will cause your category view to 'break' as per the above, unclosed tags

More
14 years 2 months ago #79076 by d.k.shukla
Replied by d.k.shukla on topic CSS Formatting disappears on some categories
Hi Marty
There is automatically HTML cleaning option in K2, it is not functioning well so please disable functionality.
Please select to no in Content Cleanup Settings under k2 parameter for intro text as well as full text. I will hope it will sort out your problem.
With best wishes.

Marty Peet said:As a further update to the problem above, I've identified something that may happen to those of us that aren't vigilante. If you create/import an article and insert a Read more tag using the Readmore button in JCE, the link will be inserted WITHOUT adding closing/opening tags before/after the HR tags. This will cause your category view to 'break' as per the above, unclosed tags

• Marty Peet
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 2 months ago #79077 by Marty Peet
Thanks for that D K, I had the html cleaning turned off from the start. I learnt from turning it on once when using JCE, more trouble than it is worth. Once again, thx for the reply...

d.k.shukla said:Hi Marty There is automatically HTML cleaning option in K2, it is not functioning well so please disable functionality.
Please select to no in Content Cleanup Settings under k2 parameter for intro text as well as full text. I will hope it will sort out your problem.
With best wishes.

Marty Peet said:As a further update to the problem above, I've identified something that may happen to those of us that aren't vigilante. If you create/import an article and insert a Read more tag using the Readmore button in JCE, the link will be inserted WITHOUT adding closing/opening tags before/after the HR tags. This will cause your category view to 'break' as per the above, unclosed tags

More
14 years 2 months ago #79078 by glkpens
Replied by glkpens on topic CSS Formatting disappears on some categories
Hi:

Thanks for this post. I was having the same problem. I was losing formatting in my categories. Turning off the HTML clean up function solved the problem.

Best,

Gary

d.k.shukla said:Hi Marty There is automatically HTML cleaning option in K2, it is not functioning well so please disable functionality.
With best wishes.