Keyword

K2 as a blog

• Henrik Nilsson
  • Henrik Nilsson's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #79389 by Henrik Nilsson
K2 as a blog was created by Henrik Nilsson
Hi folksI am new to K2 and I am trying to create a blog. I have tried different setups but can't get it to work properly. There is no problem using the User Page function but I want to be able to have multiple users creating blogposts.Is this possible? Can I set up K2 differently to be able to do this?Thanks in advance.Henrik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #79390 by BBCYP
Replied by BBCYP on topic K2 as a blog
What i have done is create a K2 category 'blogs' and then K2 sub-category 'blog user a' and 'blog user b'. When 'user a' creates a K2 item from the front-end he/she chooses category 'blog user a', when 'user b' creates one he/she choose 'blog user b' category.

I have a menu item that looks at K2 category 'blogs' including child categories with the RSS feed icon on. I then have menu items for 'blog user a' and 'blog user b' which are category views of the respective blogs and are child menu items to the main blogs.

So for the site visitor they can look at all blog items together or select (for the visitor) a specific user to read. Each user can then use their 'own' RSS feed to other sites where they have a presence (facebook, myspace etc) and i can also use the main category feed (containing all articles) to share with other sites.

• Henrik Nilsson
  • Henrik Nilsson's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #79391 by Henrik Nilsson
Replied by Henrik Nilsson on topic K2 as a blog
Thanks for this, helped me a lot. Now I am able to have several editors publishing blogposts which is great.