Keyword

K2 Joomsocial intigration...

• Ashfaq Rahman
  • Ashfaq Rahman's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #79428 by Ashfaq Rahman
K2 Joomsocial intigration... was created by Ashfaq Rahman
Hello Guys Is there any way to Integrate k2 with joomsocilal. Like showing joomsocial users avatar as k2 writter avatar? both k2 and joomsocial use joomlas defult user function so I think its possiable maybe. 1 person posted that he done it but its not true there is nothing in his site can anyone do that??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #79429 by Mongo
Replied by Mongo on topic K2 Joomsocial intigration...
I bought a Gavick template called Memovie and was thrust upon K2.. I really didn't want to have to learn a new CMS mostly because of the learning curve. K2 is a great platform but still seems to be lacking in basic extensions. With that said I can't beleive there is no integration with the Jomsocial avatar for users of K2. Could you guys make that happen.. SOON?

• Ashfaq Rahman
More
14 years 2 months ago #79430 by Ashfaq Rahman
Replied by Ashfaq Rahman on topic K2 Joomsocial intigration...
hi

Mongo I can suggets you to take a look at jooblogs.com/. This guy has created a plugin to intigrate k2 with joomsocial. But There is still a lot of problem with that plugin. I couldnt use it properly. But Hope it will be work for you.

Thanks

Mongo said:I bought a Gavick template called Memovie and was thrust upon K2.. I really didn't want to have to learn a new CMS mostly because of the learning curve. K2 is a great platform but still seems to be lacking in basic extensions. With that said I can't beleive there is no integration with the Jomsocial avatar for users of K2. Could you guys make that happen.. SOON?

More
14 years 2 months ago #79431 by JOOBLOGs.COM
Replied by JOOBLOGs.COM on topic K2 Joomsocial intigration...
Hi,
I have just made quick code that allow:
- new user will assign to "pre-set" k2 group
- existed user but still no in any group will assign to "pre-set" k2 group.

If anyone like, i can share this plg . Please note it's just a pre-alpha since i have coded it around 2hour.
Thank you.
PS: Make sure to have full integrate like comment / avatar will need make a hack code. But it's not most important. It's easy. A first hard now have passed (assign to k2 user group after register - infact i have used onLogin).
Second hard (most) is how to create their own group (group for themeself only) ...
Hahahhaah ... so exicted.
Very easy code but didnt think before

ashfaqur rahman said:hi
Mongo I can suggets you to take a look at jooblogs.com/. This guy has created a plugin to intigrate k2 with joomsocial. But There is still a lot of problem with that plugin. I couldnt use it properly. But Hope it will be work for you.

Thanks

Mongo said:I bought a Gavick template called Memovie and was thrust upon K2.. I really didn't want to have to learn a new CMS mostly because of the learning curve. K2 is a great platform but still seems to be lacking in basic extensions. With that said I can't beleive there is no integration with the Jomsocial avatar for users of K2. Could you guys make that happen.. SOON?

• Ashfaq Rahman
More
14 years 2 months ago #79432 by Ashfaq Rahman
Replied by Ashfaq Rahman on topic K2 Joomsocial intigration...
Thats great. Plz share the plugin. What you can do to assign jomsocial avatar for k2 users. If its possiable to assign them into k2 groups then I think it could also possiable

Thanks

More
14 years 2 months ago #79433 by Mongo

Yeh I went to the site to get the plugin but it seems they are more concerned about getting hits to the site than giving that plugin. jooblogs.com/ I just find it surprising that a platform as robust as K2 is missing fundamental plugins. K2 is being adopted by droves of template makers, I would suggest we get on the ball to keep up with development demands.

More
14 years 2 months ago #79434 by JOOBLOGs.COM

More
14 years 2 months ago #79435 by Mongo
I tried the plugin last night.. with no real knowledge of the plugin it was hard to tell exactly what it was for. What I do know is it didn't solve my issue. I was looking for a plugin that make K2 use the avatar associated with the user from Jomsocial. With no instructions as to how to use the plugin, that was not acheived. But you give me hope that someone is in need of this type of plugin besides me. Thank you and I'll keep looking for it's developement.

JOOBLOGs.COM said:Please check out my blog for this pre-alpha download: my.jooblogs.com/my-jooblogs/working-process/jooblogs-jomsoci...

More
14 years 2 months ago #79436 by JOOBLOGs.COM
No.
This 's not plugin that allow change avatar / profile link..etc.
This plugin only allow assign user after register (infact raised on event onLogin) to K2 User Group.
Just install and active it with group id config. Thats all you need to do :)
Tks.

Mongo said:I tried the plugin last night.. with no real knowledge of the plugin it was hard to tell exactly what it was for. What I do know is it didn't solve my issue. I was looking for a plugin that make K2 use the avatar associated with the user from Jomsocial. With no instructions as to how to use the plugin, that was not acheived. But you give me hope that someone is in need of this type of plugin besides me. Thank you and I'll keep looking for it's developement.
JOOBLOGs.COM said:Please check out my blog for this pre-alpha download: my.jooblogs.com/my-jooblogs/working-process/jooblogs-jomsoci...