Keyword

Server Error trying to Add New Item in Front End ONLY

• Biolsi
  • Biolsi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
14 years 2 months ago #79499 by Biolsi
I have K2 2.2 installed on Joomla 1.5.15, I have all backend functions working. I can edit article from the front end. I CANNOT ADD articled from the front end. It throws a server error message. It is the same user: Joomla superadmin and K2 siteowner. Here is the generic message I got:Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

My server logs said this:[26/Feb/2010:11:53:34 -0500] "GET /component/k2/item/add?tmpl=component HTTP/1.1" 500 830
"carthagehospital.info/" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac
OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.1.8) Gecko/20100202 Firefox/3.5.8"
Neither of these were very helpful. I started disabling ALL of the plugins that were NOT K2 or Joomla defaults and found a conflict with system plugin: RokCandy. Disabled that and the editor loads correctly.RokCandy is distributed by RocketTheme.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #79500 by Stefan Buttigieg
Replied by Stefan Buttigieg on topic Server Error trying to Add New Item in Front End ONLY
I had this same problem but they never find solution for me :( Did you find solution in the meantime?

cheers
stef

• Biolsi
  • Visitor
14 years 2 months ago #79501 by Biolsi
Just disabling ALL non-standard plugins from the install to eliminate conflicts. 9/10 times it is a "extra" that was added on that causes this error.

Stefan Buttigieg said:I had this same problem but they never find solution for me :( Did you find solution in the meantime?
cheers
stef

More
14 years 2 months ago #79502 by Stefan Buttigieg
Replied by Stefan Buttigieg on topic Server Error trying to Add New Item in Front End ONLY
Just realized that you were using the same Rocket Theme Extensions :)

I disabled RokCandy and now it's working great :) Thanks so much :) !!!

• Biolsi
  • Visitor
14 years 2 months ago #79503 by Biolsi
Go to the PlugIn Manager in the Extensions Menu. Do a search for "Rok" and disable ALL of the extensions that show up. Then test and see if the K2 works from the front end. If it DOES, enable one of the plugins, go to your front end, refresh and test K2 again. Continue until you find out which one(s) conflict.

Stefan Buttigieg said:By non-standard what are you referring to exactly?
I am using a RocketTheme template, and I have quite a number of plugins related to the template, so I have to see.

Do you have any examples please :)

stef

MIke Biolsi said:Just disabling ALL non-standard plugins from the install to eliminate conflicts. 9/10 times it is a "extra" that was added on that causes this error. Stefan Buttigieg said:I had this same problem but they never find solution for me :( Did you find solution in the meantime? cheers stef

• Brandon G. Little
More
14 years 1 month ago #79504 by Brandon G. Little
Replied by Brandon G. Little on topic Server Error trying to Add New Item in Front End ONLY
the error is with the "italic" macro in RokCandy. if you disable only that macro, everything will work fine with K2, and all other RokCandy functionality will still be active on your site.