Keyword

Hidden Pages

• Tom Poole
  • Tom Poole's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #79592 by Tom Poole
Hidden Pages was created by Tom Poole
I could use some help figuring out how to create "hidden pages" with K2.  By hidden pages I am referring to pages that do not show up on the menu, however can be linked to.I tried creating a non-published menu and linking that to an item.  Then I tried using the URL string and assigning it to the item ID.  Doesn't seem to work.If you have any ideas, I'd sure appreciate the help.BTW, congrats to the JoomlaWorks team - K2 seems to be quite robust!Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #79593 by Gary Heitman
Replied by Gary Heitman on topic Hidden Pages
UPDATE
Amazing what you can accomplish when you actually FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS ... ;) This actually does work, and I can use the URL I want to, after all ...

In my case, I was trying to add another item to an existing menu, despite the article stating that a new menu would be best.

(ORIGINAL POST):

Likely you've found this already (?)

www.blogcatalog.com/blog/joomlabeaconnet-joomla-tutorials-kn...

I am also trying to create an article/page that exists, but is not necessarily obvious ... :) The article above "works" - my issue is that I want to use a SEF "friendly" URL for the "hidden page", and I'm not seeing how I can manage this - although I have NOT yet attempted reviewing the rewrite rules for the webserver just yet ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.