Keyword

Serious Language Setting Bug

• Roland Wampers
  • Roland Wampers's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #79661 by Roland Wampers
Serious Language Setting Bug was created by Roland Wampers
I have a trilingual website with JoomFish 204 and localization (meaning the content that is NOT translated should NOT be shown).  However, K2 displays a standard view of all unfiltered items overruling all settings.  Please have a look at www.lemazetimmo.fr (standard language is french) -> play with the other languages to see the issue.Thank you for helping to correct this bug asap.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #79662 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Serious Language Setting Bug
Hi. I don't know how this plugin works but as i read in this page it only supports Joomla's core content component, not K2.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Roland Wampers
More
14 years 1 month ago #79663 by Roland Wampers
Replied by Roland Wampers on topic Serious Language Setting Bug
Aye. I reluctanty accept that fact. However, when the result is that K2 provides a FAULT result, than we have a more serious problem than just a cosmetic one.

1. I can live with the fact that the data is shown in the original language
2. I can live with the fact that K2 does not listen to the display options specified, because I am able to set the display options in the translation file (one by one, but as a workaround, no big deal)
3. I canNOT live with the fact that K2 should filter the data by category, and it does not do that, instead it displays ALL data unfiltered. (Illustrating this: this link shows "appartments for sale" in french. It should be only 1, when you look at the Dutch version, it displays all K2 items of all categories www.lemazetimmo.fr/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=&id=&Itemid=64&lang=nl)

More
14 years 1 month ago #79664 by Lefteris
Hi. The URL does not contain a category ID value so K2 retrieves all items. Please try to recreate the menu item as it seems that something went wrong there.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Roland Wampers
More
14 years 1 month ago #79665 by Roland Wampers
I trashed the 4 navigation elements pointing to a K2 category and made 4 new ones (with unique label aliases) -maisons (houses), - appartements, -terrains (plots), and demeures. When you make them, all is fine. But when you translate it, you get the shown results.
The issue is unchanged. having the same problem as stated above.

More
14 years 1 month ago #79666 by Lefteris
This is definitely a JoomFish issue not K2 issue. If i remember well this issue has been posted again on this forum. So please make a search i think someone has posted the correct xml file for JoomFish menu translation.

Roland Francis said:I trashed the 4 navigation elements pointing to a K2 category and made 4 new ones (with unique label aliases) -maisons (houses), - appartements, -terrains (plots), and demeures. When you make them, all is fine. But when you translate it, you get the shown results. The issue is unchanged. having the same problem as stated above.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Roland Wampers
More
14 years 1 month ago #79667 by Roland Wampers
SOLUTION PROVIDED - The solution you are pointing to is here community.getk2.org/forum/topics/joomfish-menu-translation

Chucknology said:

I found a solution for translation of menus that worked for me.....I went looking in the menu.xml file and tried some adaptations till it worked...see my xml file in attachment and change yours with this one (backup before trying anyway)
put the file in: administrator/components/com_joomfish/contentelements
afterwards go to the menu translation in joomfish...open each menu and click 'copy' next to it and you'll see it copies the complete url now....

I can confirm that this solved the issue