Keyword

I am starting to just give up

• JustMe
  • JustMe's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #79801 by JustMe
I am starting to just give up was created by JustMe
Well I am reaching the point I am starting to just give up on Joomla. It looks like when you have issue you are mostly on your own and if you cannot fix them that is it. Spent plenty hours setting up my site and have it just the way I need it. Wanted to launch it next week only to find I have major issues when using IE on the site. Post articles and cannot add more than one line in after an image. When using Firefox it all works 100%. Tried posting for help here and on the Joomla forums with no luck at all. So I suppose now I may as well just delet my site and try another software and see how that goes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #79802 by Troy Anderson
Replied by Troy Anderson on topic I am starting to just give up
Why don't you HIRE help? This is a problem with your site, not the technology..

More
14 years 1 month ago #79803 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic I am starting to just give up
There is a whole bunch of issues here, mainly IE.
It wont be common to Joomla and no fault of K2.

If your template design is any good, then you should have provision to detect browser and call alternative stling to accommodate.

Have a link?

• JustMe
  • JustMe's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #79804 by JustMe
Replied by JustMe on topic I am starting to just give up
Well I am using the default template and this is what makes it all so frustrating, it would seem that I am getting no response on this at all right now community.getk2.org/forum/topics/menus-not-displaying-correctly

Unfortunately the site is located behind a firewall so a link would not help. I think today I am just going to cut my losses and move on to Dupal. I have done a lot of work using SMF and Wordpress this is my first project using Joomla and it is turning out to be one huge disappointment all round. Since I have been looking at Dupal this week I have had fantastic response from the community to all my questions. Most of the time getting plenty responses within a few hours of posting.

More
14 years 1 month ago #79805 by Vimes
Replied by Vimes on topic I am starting to just give up
relax chap - you will get this in every cms community - sometimes its just the time of year etc. Also bear in mind that everyone has different extension/server setups and thus it can be a slog to trawl through 1000 similar but not exactly your problem ;) Joomla can be hard when trying to manifest a vision of how your site should be and you may need to compromise. The good things is that by compromising you can find some of the awesome free extensions there are and evolve something even better :)

I know I have lost it sometimes when it seemed so urgent to me but not others but bear in mind - I had to wait for years for my son to grow and learn coding before I could deal with some aspects of my sites and joomla :D Thats patience!! (or lazyness maybe :p )

More
14 years 1 month ago #79806 by Vincent Morris
Replied by Vincent Morris on topic I am starting to just give up
I have kind of the opposite...
Site looks fine in IE and Chrome, some minor issues with Firefox.
This is my third Joomla site and my first K2 based site.
Hang in there, once you get the hang of it you'll be glad you did!

Ps: I wouldn't recommend Drupal, the learning curve is very steep!