Keyword

K2 Documentation?

• Ananda priyadharshan
  • Ananda priyadharshan's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #80699 by Ananda priyadharshan
K2 Documentation? was created by Ananda priyadharshan
Hi folks, nice to hear about this, I'm a guy from Sri Lanka, and i'm working on my tourism site, which will provide information, maps, images and many more info for tourists who visit Sri lanka.after a lot of testing Joomla won my heart with it's powerfull features (many of them i have not discoverd yet), and as i'm about to fill the system with details, i came to know about K2...and yes, i have gone forward and installed it in my site. now am in trouble with no propper documentation...can anyone please tell me where to get info (i have watched vidos, and the simple guide here) and am testing it ryt now....if any of you have info on how to set up this, and how it works, please share it with me...Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #80700 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic K2 Documentation?
Hi Ananda,

If you need some documents, tutorials, K2joom.com is supporting K2 and Joomlaworks by making them.
Please check k2joom.com.

There are plenty of regular supporters here that can help on this forum.
Alternatively, send me a direct message, we can connect through MSN or Skype or other to help directly.

To carry on from d.k.shukla, I think he was about to tell you to create menu items which point to the K2 category or item that you want.

Any questions.

Please ask.

Simon
K2Joom.com

More
14 years 2 months ago #80701 by d.k.shukla
Replied by d.k.shukla on topic K2 Documentation?
Hi Priyadarshan
Nice to know that you are building website and go to use joomla and k2. K2 is very easy to use component for creating your website contents.
If you had already installed k2 then please follow following step to create your contents.
1- Create category to display your contents, category creation is very simple and similar to joomla category creation. In K2 category there are some more settings to control content displaying behavior.
2- Create Item (similar to article in joomla)
3- after creating category and items you will require to publish it. To display it to your website, please create menu by using menu manager. Go to menu manager and create a new menu item, select k2, you will find category, item, blog etc type select appropriate one, afterward you will get option to select category or item, which you will want to link with menu.other options are self explanatory.
please play with settings of k2 category to display contents as per your requirement. If there is any specific question then ask to forum.
With best wishes.
D.K.Shukla

• Ananda priyadharshan
  • Ananda priyadharshan's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #80702 by Ananda priyadharshan
Replied by Ananda priyadharshan on topic K2 Documentation?
Hi Simon and Shukla, thank you very much for your kind replies...very much appreciate it! and YES! :) k2joom has a the documentation and i'm going through it right now, yes i wil need some support from you guys to get things started as i'm interested in what K2 could do....

yeah first of all i'll play around a bit as shukla said, and ask for your assistance...

thank you again...The world is nicer because there are people like you...

Cheers!

More
14 years 2 months ago #80703 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic K2 Documentation?
Thanks for your kind words.
Enjoy using K2.

Simon

Ananda priyadharshan said:Hi Simon and Shukla, thank you very much for your kind replies...very much appreciate it! and YES! :) k2joom has a the documentation and i'm going through it right now, yes i wil need some support from you guys to get things started as i'm interested in what K2 could do....
yeah first of all i'll play around a bit as shukla said, and ask for your assistance...

thank you again...The world is nicer because there are people like you...

Cheers!