Keyword

I LOVE K2!

• Lorne VanSinclair
  • Lorne VanSinclair's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #81051 by Lorne VanSinclair
I LOVE K2! was created by Lorne VanSinclair
Quick story - this is embarrassing but I must tell it. I've been re-designing a Real Estate site for several months now, changing it from a static site I made years ago into a Joomla site. Last month I added K2 and started writing and converting dozens of articles and listings. Stupidly, I did not back up the site for the last month or so. Even more stupidly, last night when I was in my host's c-Panel, while trying to delete an ftp account I managed, in the blink of an eye, to delete the entire sub-folder containing the site I had worked on for months. Gone. Poof. The provider had no backup.Needless to say I was devastated and felt like an idiot. After a sleepless night I rose at 6 AM to start re-doing everything, I restored the 2-month-old backup that had at least a few articles then re-installed K2. To my utter amazement I saw everything was back! I guess the database hadn't been destroyed and K2 found everything I had written. I am one happy camper.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #81052 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic I LOVE K2!
Wow, lucky ;)

If you delete your server files, it wont have any affect on the database as it is separate.

Happy camping

Simon
K2Joom.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.