Keyword

Multiple categories

• Django
  • Django's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #81063 by Django
Multiple categories was created by Django
Hello. I'm testing K2 for a new project, and I would like to know how to do this :I want to put elements (craftsmen) in not connected categories : jobs, and towns/administrative areas ...Then, I want to be able to list any  selections of these elements :craftsmen from a job and a town or administrative areas How is it possible with K2 ?(I'm french)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #81064 by Frants Combrink
Replied by Frants Combrink on topic Multiple categories
Sounds like what I am trying to figure out. I will tell you this, K2 is much easier to pick up (or at least get a feel for moving around) that jSeblod. Not sure which is better cause neither is giving me a solution, nor is documentation great.

Joomla is database driven, and I know what I want to do is possible, just still don't know how.

I want to list items/articles. Each item will have fields. Items will be categories. Each item (or a number of items) will belong to a unique user.

Then I need to be able to drill down the normal category list.

Category
- Sub-category
- Sub - category1
- Item4 - Field1, Field3, Field6

However, with those fields I wan to be able to drill down into listing. This drill down will be via a Field search menu item. In other words finding the item via the fields.

Then I also want to be able to see what items was listed by which user. I should be able to drill down (filter) the author by a field (location). Then I can see the items listed by the author. Also, I should be able to filter those items.

I am sure fields will solve this, but I don't really know what to do to drill down via fields. An author should be linked to his items via his location field and item category field.

So what I really am trying to say is, like I think what Django is trying to achive, is we are developing a listing and the items will be categorise, only we want to (or at least I think that will work with the fields) be able to drill down into the listing from various angles.

Oh, and an author should only be able to edit, publish, and delete his own items.

WIll K2 work for this? How?

The search continues on K2 and possibly other extensions/CCK's............wanna cry now.....just kidding.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.