Keyword

How Do I Disable the My Page link on the K2 User Menu

• Lanesa Stubbs
  • Lanesa Stubbs's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #81065 by Lanesa Stubbs
I'd like to know if there is a way to disable the k2 My Page link on the K2 User menu. I'm the only one going to be creating the blog post and if another user log in and click on the page, it's a blank page. I'd like to either disable it or delete it all together.Lanesa Stubbs
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #81066 by Simon Wells
Hi Lanesa,
There is no way, other than modify code to remove that link.

When you are logged in, you should be able to access your page.
When a visitor registers and logs in, they will have the option to create their own My Page. Their My Page link will not point to our page.
The only time they can access your My Page, is if your items have links to the Author. This can of course be disabled per item, category or completely.

Hope that helps.

Simon
K2Joom.com

• Lanesa Stubbs
More
14 years 1 month ago #81067 by Lanesa Stubbs
Replied by Lanesa Stubbs on topic How Do I Disable the My Page link on the K2 User Menu
Hi Simon,

Thanks for responding. I'm a little baffled as to why i don't see the option to create a page when I'm logged in as another user. I have created a sample user and I don't see the option to create the MyPage. I know when I'm logged in as an administrator I can see my page, but not when I'm logged in as another user.

K2Joom said:Hi Lanesa, There is no way, other than modify code to remove that link.

When a visitor registers and logs in, they will have the option to create their own My Page. Their My Page link will not point to our page.
The only time they can access your My Page, is if your items have links to the Author. This can of course be disabled per item, category or completely.

Hope that helps.

Simon
K2Joom.com

• Lanesa Stubbs
More
14 years 1 month ago #81068 by Lanesa Stubbs
Replied by Lanesa Stubbs on topic How Do I Disable the My Page link on the K2 User Menu
Is there a way to not be able to have the user NOT create a page. I just want the user to be able to add and avatar and comment, that's it. I might just have to use the default joomla user menu instead. I don't want a user to be able to create their own pages, only add an avatar image and comment.

Lanesa
K2Joom said:Hi Lanesa, There is no way, other than modify code to remove that link.

Hope that helps.

Simon
K2Joom.com