Keyword

Item Video Upload time

• william white
  • william white's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #81075 by william white
Item Video Upload time was created by william white
When trying to upload a large video to an item i get timeouts. Ftp to /media/k2/video is snappy.I renamed the video to 51.wmv (from item&id=51 portion of address) and it displays fine.Is there any way to speed the default upload of videos?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #81076 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Item Video Upload time
William I have the same problem with large videos (16mb - so under the specified 20mb!) - simply wont load. I gave up and simply pasted the {flv}video{flv} tag into the actual item description after uploading by FTP etc

Can you talk me through your workaround I don't follow you - or am I barking up the wrong tree?

• william white
  • william white's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #81077 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Item Video Upload time
Jon, see the attached png. steal the id number and rename your uploaded wmv file to it an it will work

Jon said:William I have the same problem with large videos (16mb - so under the specified 20mb!) - simply wont load. I gave up and simply pasted the {flv}video{flv} tag into the actual item description after uploading by FTP etc
Can you talk me through your workaround I don't follow you - or am I barking up the wrong tree?

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #81078 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Item Video Upload time
Cool - thanks

William White said:Jon, see the attached png. steal the id number and rename your uploaded wmv file to it an it will work
Jon said:William I have the same problem with large videos (16mb - so under the specified 20mb!) - simply wont load. I gave up and simply pasted the {flv}video{flv} tag into the actual item description after uploading by FTP etc Can you talk me through your workaround I don't follow you - or am I barking up the wrong tree?