Keyword

Image description not being shown in k2 articles

• yaksushi
  • yaksushi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #81105 by yaksushi
I've filled out the Image description box under insert/edit image why isn't it being shown under my pictures.  you can see how my images are displayed at www.yakangler.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #81106 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Image description not being shown in k2 articles
Mark,

In the category that you are saving your items, you need to check the parameters in the right menu, found under Item view options.
Look for show image captions, image credits.
If this is set to show, check and see if the category is inheriting parameter options from another category, found on top left. If this is set to inherit, then you will need to change the same parameter, but in the category that it is pointing to.
K2Joom.com has documents with explanation on all these parameters to help.

Hope that helps.

Simon
K2Joom.com

• yaksushi
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #81107 by yaksushi
Everything is set to show..... It's not inheriting any parameters. The main image I upload under the image tab show the captions but images I embed into the article using the add image button dont show the captions I've added... Any ideas?

K2Joom said:Mark,
In the category that you are saving your items, you need to check the parameters in the right menu, found under Item view options.
If this is set to show, check and see if the category is inheriting parameter options from another category, found on top left. If this is set to inherit, then you will need to change the same parameter, but in the category that it is pointing to.

Hope that helps.

Simon
K2Joom.com

More
14 years 1 month ago #81108 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Image description not being shown in k2 articles
Which WYSIWYG editor are you using?

Simon

mark said:Everything is set to show..... It's not inheriting any parameters. The main image I upload under the image tab show the captions but images I embed into the article using the add image button dont show the captions I've added... Any ideas?
K2Joom said:Mark, In the category that you are saving your items, you need to check the parameters in the right menu, found under Item view options.

Hope that helps.

Simon
K2Joom.com

• yaksushi
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #81109 by yaksushi
Only one I have enabled is (Editor - TinyMCE 2.0)

More
14 years 1 month ago #81110 by Simon Wells
Hi Mark,

This appears to be more an edito issue rather than a K2 issue.
I would recommend you get JCE as it works very well with K2, better functionality plus there is an Advanced Links plugin for K2 for it as well.

www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads

Anything else let us know.

Simon
K2Joom.com

• yaksushi
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #81111 by yaksushi
Holy crap I installed it and it killed all my access to the k2 articles on the back end! Ahh I uninstalled it and when back to my other editor

K2Joom said:Hi Mark,
This appears to be more an edito issue rather than a K2 issue.
I would recommend you get JCE as it works very well with K2, better functionality plus there is an Advanced Links plugin for K2 for it as well.

www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads

Anything else let us know.

Simon
K2Joom.com

More
14 years 1 month ago #81112 by Lefteris
Hi. Please make sure that the template you are using does takes care K2 categories and outputs the image caption and image credits variables.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• yaksushi
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #81113 by yaksushi
I'm using the rocket theme mynxx template, how can I tell if it's doing what you asked?

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Please make sure that the template you are using does takes care K2 categories and outputs the image caption and image credits variables.

More
14 years 1 month ago #81114 by Lefteris
Try to change for testing to the default template and see if credits and caption appears. Also please note that image caption and credits are appearing only in the item view ( not the itemlist view.).

mark said:I'm using the rocket theme mynxx template, how can I tell if it's doing what you asked?
Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Please make sure that the template you are using does takes care K2 categories and outputs the image caption and image credits variables.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)