Keyword

Extrafield - Links - Open in iframe

• Elisa F.
  • Elisa F.'s Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #81212 by Elisa F.
Extrafield - Links - Open in iframe was created by Elisa F.
Hi there!
I need to open an extrafield (extern) Link on the same Site, but only in the maincontent-Area - so the header of my site should stay.

Everything about the right to do that is ok, but how can i solve that?

Thank you very much!!!

Elisa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #81213 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Extrafield - Links - Open in iframe
I am looking at the same issue. Will report back with anything i find.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #81214 by william white
Can you be more specific about what you are wanting to do?
If you want only to show extra fields in the content area you can use the templating features to get to this end.

• Elisa F.
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #81215 by Elisa F.
Replied by Elisa F. on topic Extrafield - Links - Open in iframe
Hi there!

I have an online-store on an external site (but not joomla)
I want to display a link in the extra fields to the shop but it must open in a wrapper on the same site (Joomla).
I wonder how to solve that.

Thank you very much,

greetings!

Elisa

William White said:Can you be more specific about what you are wanting to do? If you want only to show extra fields in the content area you can use the templating features to get to this end.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #81216 by william white
Create a menu item that is a wrapper type that goes to the store and does what you want.
Add an extra field to the group of extra fields you are using and make it a link type field
Edit the item you want and past the link generated from the wrapper menu item into it and it will load inside the content area.
Usually this doesnt work well because of the logos, sidebars, and advertizements in the site you link to
Another way
If you have added a custom template to the item view - and
if you have an extra field with the portion of the store link that changes with each item
You could edit the foreach loop in the item.php of the custom template that renders the extra fields and insert a "specific" link directly to that item in the store
or it would be eaiser to just add the same link to display in every item. Either way you will still have to deal with the logo,header, and sidebars etc.
wjwjr

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #81217 by Kelly L
Replied by Kelly L on topic Extrafield - Links - Open in iframe
Thank you for the post.

• Elisa F.
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #81218 by Elisa F.
Replied by Elisa F. on topic Extrafield - Links - Open in iframe
Hello William,

thank you for your post, but it seems hard to generate a wrapper for each product from the external store (it seems like a neverending Work. So i´ll solve it by using the lightbox, but it would be fine if there is any chance to put it in a wrapper...

Thank you!!!

William White said:Create a menu item that is a wrapper type that goes to the store and does what you want. Add an extra field to the group of extra fields you are using and make it a link type field
Edit the item you want and past the link generated from the wrapper menu item into it and it will load inside the content area.
Usually this doesnt work well because of the logos, sidebars, and advertizements in the site you link to
Another way
If you have added a custom template to the item view - and
if you have an extra field with the portion of the store link that changes with each item
You could edit the foreach loop in the item.php of the custom template that renders the extra fields and insert a "specific" link directly to that item in the store
or it would be eaiser to just add the same link to display in every item. Either way you will still have to deal with the logo,header, and sidebars etc.
wjwjr