Keyword

Displaying Product Info

• Randy Dueck
  • Randy Dueck's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #81244 by Randy Dueck
Displaying Product Info was created by Randy Dueck
I'm new to K2 and feeling pretty confused... Part of my site is providing product information (not selling it) So I have my categories laid out like this...Main Category   --Product Information        --Brand           --Line1           --Line 2              -- Actual Item assigned to Line1 or 2 CategoryNow part of the problem is that I have a Menu item setup pointing to Category View - Product Information, but in the menu item configuration "Fetch items from children categories" is greyed out. Because when I click on the menu item in the front end, It shows me everything on one page. and I want to be able to drill down. In addition, in displaying categories and items. I'm trying to figure out how to display items on a page kinda like this....[Image - Line 1]  |   Line 1 Category Description[item 1 image] | short Description                     [item 2 image] | short DescriptionThen I want to be able to click on each of the items to view a full information.Any Help would be Hugely appreciated. Thanks,... and unfortunately, I've gotten pretty good with Joomla etc, but don't know php, and really just enough about css to hunt a few specifics to make some minor changes such as colors.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #81245 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Displaying Product Info
Hi Randy,

Take a look at some of the guides, including the E-store guide and demonstration over at k2joom.com.

The reason why your menu is greyed out, is because you have already specified which category to use, so if you need to modify the category parameters, then you will need to do it from within the category and not the menu.

In each Brand category, place your Brand image.
To prevent all the items being displayed in Product Info, then set Leading, Primary, Secondary qty to 0 this will then just display Brands Image.

Have a play with those settings and take a look at the guide as i think it will help you.

Simon
K2Joom.com

• Randy Dueck
  • Randy Dueck's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #81246 by Randy Dueck
Replied by Randy Dueck on topic Displaying Product Info
Thanks for the help. So I'm guessing that Leading refers to the parent category, Primary refers to the current category, and secondary refers to the category beneath it? Would that be correct?