Keyword

Page shifts/reloads when moving from page to page

• Michelle Wicmandy
  • Michelle Wicmandy's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #81720 by Michelle Wicmandy
Page shifts/reloads when moving from page to page was created by Michelle Wicmandy
This is my site southeastmediatexas.com/joomla/

When you go from page to page using the navigation, the page seems to reload. it's not stationary.

how do i avoid this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #81721 by Ilja Höltke
Replied by Ilja Höltke on topic Page shifts/reloads when moving from page to page
Hi Michelle, I'm looking for a way to browse through K2 items by item navigation. That's why I found Your thread.
The reload is a normal thing in Joomla. Every page has to be loaded once. Depending on Your browser settings You may have the feeling of a stationary page. Or did I get You wrong?
Regards! Ilja

• Michelle Wicmandy
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #81722 by Michelle Wicmandy
Replied by Michelle Wicmandy on topic Page shifts/reloads when moving from page to page
this is my site that i'm working on:
southeastmediatexas.com/joomla/

[the copy/articles i have is just a placeholder for now]

is it normal for the middle section --- the showcase/feature area -- to somewhat scrunch up as if it's reloading when clicking through the navigation. if you visit my site, you'll see what i'm talking about southeastmediatexas.com/joomla/

i'm also wondering if it's because the length of the article titles and intro copy is different lengths.

thoughts?

Ilja H. said:Hi Michelle, I'm looking for a way to browse through K2 items by item navigation. That's why I found Your thread.The reload is a normal thing in Joomla. Every page has to be loaded once. Depending on Your browser settings You may have the feeling of a stationary page. Or did I get You wrong?Regards! Ilja

• Michelle Wicmandy
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #81723 by Michelle Wicmandy
Replied by Michelle Wicmandy on topic Page shifts/reloads when moving from page to page
Signing off --- going to bed! Thanks so much for your help.

g'night!
michelle

Michelle Wicmandy said:this is my site that i'm working on:http://southeastmediatexas.com/joomla/[the copy/articles i have is just a placeholder for now]is it normal for the middle section --- the showcase/feature area -- to somewhat scrunch up as if it's reloading when clicking through the navigation. if you visit my site, you'll see what i'm talking about southeastmediatexas.com/joomla/i'm also wondering if it's because the length of the article titles and intro copy is different lengths.thoughts?Ilja H. said:Hi Michelle, I'm looking for a way to browse through K2 items by item navigation. That's why I found Your thread.The reload is a normal thing in Joomla. Every page has to be loaded once. Depending on Your browser settings You may have the feeling of a stationary page. Or did I get You wrong?Regards! Ilja

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #81724 by Ilja Höltke
Replied by Ilja Höltke on topic Page shifts/reloads when moving from page to page
Hello Michelle,
it's a javascript in the template, that slides or pushes the featured content. It's a buildt in feature of the rocket-theme template "rt_infuse_j15", I think. And: it's a feature - not a bug;-)
May be You can control the slide effect in the Joomla Admin? Anyway there's no concern to K2 in my oppinion.
Regards! Ilja

• Michelle Wicmandy
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #81725 by Michelle Wicmandy
Aha...thanks so much for the input. i'm new to joomla and rocket-theme so i'm unsure if these idiosynchracies are due to something i did wrong or just something with the application. i really appreciate the feedback!

have a nice day.
michelle

Ilja H. said:Hello Michelle,it's a javascript in the template, that slides or pushes the featured content. It's a buildt in feature of the rocket-theme template "rt_infuse_j15", I think. And: it's a feature - not a bug;-)May be You can control the slide effect in the Joomla Admin? Anyway there's no concern to K2 in my oppinion.Regards! Ilja