Keyword

Items publications with ACL

• ugolini
  • ugolini's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #81744 by ugolini
Items publications with ACL was created by ugolini
HI,At first, sorry for my english, I hope you'll understand me.I'm trying to make a private website with special content and K2 seems to be quite exactly what I'm looking for.I'm just trying to solve one last problem :The access on the frontend is not public and you must logg in before you see the items. Is it possible, with K2 component, to choose the published items according to the user or usergroup.More precisely, UserA create and publish items and only him and the administrator can see and edit them.UserB doesn't see UserA's items.Administrator can see all the items and ( why not ) edit them.UserA, UserB and Administrator manage the items only on frontend.Other question:Is there a full documentation for K2? Can't find one or find the right words to put in google.Thank you for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #81745 by scyllar
Replied by scyllar on topic Items publications with ACL
hi ugolini

with your question on the documentation, nope :) but you could refer to k2joom.com (volunteer site)
i solve my question by posting here / google because i am new to k2 too.

when you create an item in k2, you have got the option "access level" in "Author & Publishing Status" in the sidebar on the right side of your page. This allows you to set the user groups that will be able to see it.

another feature in k2 dashboard you will see on the top bar "user" tab and "user group" tab, where you could assign a user to any group you create, and also assign certain user group to have permissions on adding, editing, publishing items, etc. Besides you could even assign which categories this group of users can access.

Sure i belive you make full use of all these and you will achieve your goal.

don't forget to enable frontend editing in the global parameters if you want fronend editing.

good luck!

• ugolini
  • ugolini's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #81746 by ugolini
Replied by ugolini on topic Items publications with ACL
Thank You so much for this answer.

I still have the same problem because in the option 'access level" in "Author & Publishing Status", I can't find the user groups I created in K2 ( only default Joomla groups, public, registered and special ) .
Is this normal ? Do I have a problem in my settings ?

More
14 years 1 month ago #81747 by scyllar
Replied by scyllar on topic Items publications with ACL
i think that is normal ):
in my opinion that option is only usable when you try to hide a specific item from the public, because default joomla user groups are used.
don't panic, you have got the k2 user groups with permissions, yet you will need to create as many categories in your case to prevent certain groups of users from viewing the items in them.
did you see closely on the group setting?
good luck