Keyword

Auto Import of items?

• cowboysdude
  • cowboysdude's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #81884 by cowboysdude
Auto Import of items? was created by cowboysdude
I was hoping that I missed it but is it possible to Auto import items to K2 from Joomla?  I'm using a Newsfeed importer to joomla articles but would love to auto import into K2...Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #81885 by Paul MacLennan
Replied by Paul MacLennan on topic Auto Import of items?
I second that. I'm very interested in doing this too. I don't understand where the articles get imported to and what code is used so I may try to change my newsfeed importer.

Just outta curiosity John, which newsfeed importer are you using?

Cheers,
Paul

• cowboysdude
More
14 years 1 month ago #81886 by cowboysdude
Replied by cowboysdude on topic Auto Import of items?
I am using Feedbingo which uses SimpleRSS to import articles and so far it's working great but in order to us K2 I would have to manually import and that defeats the purpose of what I'm trying to do LOL I want to import so users have news to read without me having to go find it! Auto import from Joomla to K2 would be AWESOME!

More
14 years 1 month ago #81887 by Paul MacLennan
I agree. I'm using Article Generator at the moment to pull in my data. I guess it's a matter of working out / finding out where the articles get fetched to. I'll try contacting the developer of article generator again and see if it's something he knows about.

Paul

• cowboysdude
More
14 years 1 month ago #81888 by cowboysdude
That would be great!!! I know I like k2 but If I can't use it then I'm going to take it back out because at this point I have no other use for it... I'm not running a traditional front page and I don't write articles so it does me no good to have something that causes me more work...

Paul MacLennan said:I agree. I'm using Article Generator at the moment to pull in my data. I guess it's a matter of working out / finding out where the articles get fetched to. I'll try contacting the developer of article generator again and see if it's something he knows about.
Paul

More
14 years 1 month ago #81889 by Paul MacLennan
I contacted the developer and he said that he already tried asking around the forum for help on developing his component to include K2 and got no reply. Which is a shame. I could go around each individual developer of rss importers and see if they got a solution. Unfortunately K2 is looking to be something that only other developers (even they have trouble) can use. I understand developers here are short and they are trying to include the more important functions but it looks like this is something I'm gonna have to back out on also.

The only solution I can see is maybe import the articles every morning which isn't as bad as writing the articles yourself. If i find a solution I will post it here.

Good luck

• cowboysdude
More
14 years 1 month ago #81890 by cowboysdude
Let me also check on the Feedbingo site to see if they plan on including K2 import.. that may be the other angle to this also!! Can't just look at K2 and point a finger at them.. it's an AWESOME program but it can't answer everyone's questions and I understand that!! I will let you know what I find out also!

Thanks
John

Paul MacLennan said:I contacted the developer and he said that he already tried asking around the forum for help on developing his component to include K2 and got no reply. Which is a shame. I could go around each individual developer of rss importers and see if they got a solution. Unfortunately K2 is looking to be something that only other developers (even they have trouble) can use. I understand developers here are short and they are trying to include the more important functions but it looks like this is something I'm gonna have to back out on also.
The only solution I can see is maybe import the articles every morning which isn't as bad as writing the articles yourself. If i find a solution I will post it here.

Good luck