• bio-antonio's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 4 weeks ago #82117 by bio-antonio
problem displaying articles with K2 was created by bio-antonio
HiI have recently started to use the K2 component, but I see I
am not capable of controlling/understanding some of its behaviour.Basically
the articles of a category in K2, previously joomla category, referred
to from a menuentry appear in the menu column on the left of the web
page, AND the central area, instead than onthe central area only where (I) supposed they would
be shown.Any idea why this is happening?I attach a picture to
illustrate the situation:There, "Misión" is the title of an article
that should be visualized in the center of the pagealong with the
text beneath it.Thanks in advanceAntonio
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #82118 by d.k.shukla
Replied by d.k.shukla on topic problem displaying articles with K2
Hi
Category is similar to category of joomla and item is similar to article of joomla. In k2 you can display your contents with more controls which core joomla does not have. First you should create categories of your content and item, to display your content you will require to link categories or items with menu, create your menu with help of menu manager, please select k2 category or item type and then you will get option of selecting items and category from list.please give name to menu and publish it,please don't forget to publish items and category, now you will able to see contents in your website.
you can different display properties of category and items as per your requirement. I will hope my explaination will help you to create your website with k2 component.
With best wishes
D.K.Shukla

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #82119 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic problem displaying articles with K2
If you need more information on k2 v Joomla then take a look here.

From the image you attach, it looks like there is a module in the left menu showing the same content.
Also, the template is causing a problem as it has shifted the main content of your item below the left menu.

Does the template shown Joomla Articles correctly?
Do you use firebug in mozilla? or is the site live or in local?

Hope to help

Simon
K2Joom.com

• bio-antonio
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #82120 by bio-antonio
Replied by bio-antonio on topic problem displaying articles with K2
Hi
first of all I wanted to thank both of you for taking the trouble to reply to my question
I think I had understood the basic philosophy of using K2, just there were a things that
are happening which I could'nt quite explain.
Yasterday, while tinkering with it, I realized that the reason why the article was also shown
on the left hand side, was because the K2 Content plugin was activated (by default I guess right after istallation) and this caused the same content as the one showed on the central display area to be shown on the left hand side as well.
For some reason I thought that the K2 Content plugin was the one responsible for displaying the article's content on the main part of the website, so I couldn't figure out why this was happening.
Now I disabled it and the content is correctly displyed in the middle of my page only, which is what I wanted. So K2Joom was right in pointing this out .

Right now my content is only displayed on a local computer.

I also noticed that the content has been shifted below, but I do not understand why.
But it does also happen with other Joomla templates as the ones that come by default.
Any idea why this is happening?

What is firebug?
All the best
Antonio

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #82121 by Simon Wells
Which browser are you using?
I would recommend to get Firebug plugin, this will help you to find what is causing the break.
Can you supply a new screen shot of the error?

Thanks.

Simon
K2Joom.com

bio-antonio said:Hi first of all I wanted to thank both of you for taking the trouble to reply to my question
I think I had understood the basic philosophy of using K2, just there were a things that
are happening which I could'nt quite explain.
Yasterday, while tinkering with it, I realized that the reason why the article was also shown
on the left hand side, was because the K2 Content plugin was activated (by default I guess right after istallation) and this caused the same content as the one showed on the central display area to be shown on the left hand side as well.
For some reason I thought that the K2 Content plugin was the one responsible for displaying the article's content on the main part of the website, so I couldn't figure out why this was happening.
Now I disabled it and the content is correctly displyed in the middle of my page only, which is what I wanted. So K2Joom was right in pointing this out .

I also noticed that the content has been shifted below, but I do not understand why.
But it does also happen with other Joomla templates as the ones that come by default.

What is firebug?
All the best
Antonio

• bio-antonio
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #82122 by bio-antonio
Hi
just installed Firebug (I am not still sure how to use this tool though) the screenshot attached is the actual state of the web. And below is a screenshot with the firebug tool on. Can you help me interpret what can be wrong? (I can see there a portion of code that is shaded (sort of) is this where the problem is?)
Thanks
Antonio

K2Joom said:Which browser are you using? I would recommend to get Firebug plugin, this will help you to find what is causing the break. Can you supply a new screen shot of the error?

Thanks.

Simon
K2Joom.com

bio-antonio said:Hi first of all I wanted to thank both of you for taking the trouble to reply to my question I think I had understood the basic philosophy of using K2, just there were a things that are happening which I could'nt quite explain.

What is firebug?
All the best
Antonio
Attachments:

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #82123 by Simon Wells
Antonio,

Could you try using a standard Joomla template such as purity or milkyway, i would like to see if this is a template issue first.

Thank you

Simon

bio-antonio said:Hi just installed Firebug (I am not still sure how to use this tool though) the screenshot attached is the actual state of the web. And below is a screenshot with the firebug tool on. Can you help me interpret what can be wrong? (I can see there a portion of code that is shaded (sort of) is this where the problem is?)
Thanks
Antonio

K2Joom said:Which browser are you using? I would recommend to get Firebug plugin, this will help you to find what is causing the break. Can you supply a new screen shot of the error?
Thanks.

Simon
K2Joom.com

bio-antonio said:Hi first of all I wanted to thank both of you for taking the trouble to reply to my question I think I had understood the basic philosophy of using K2, just there were a things that are happening which I could'nt quite explain. Yasterday, while tinkering with it, I realized that the reason why the article was also shown

What is firebug?
All the best
Antonio

• bio-antonio
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #82124 by bio-antonio
Hi Simon
here is one of the JTemplates. Apparently the problem doesn't exist there, but part of the menu structure
has been shifted below as well.
On the other hand, on another trial website where I am using just the jooma default templates, it happens again

I have also detected another similar problem: while using the original template, such that the first story header
seems to be in the right place but the rest of the articles are displaced way down.
The first of the news (in this case) is showed when click on the "home" menu entry

Then when I click on the menu entry per se, the title seems to be in the right place but the rest of the content
is way down (3rd attachment).
Cheers
Antonio

K2Joom said:Antonio,
Could you try using a standard Joomla template such as purity or milkyway, i would like to see if this is a template issue first.

Thank you

Simon

bio-antonio said:Hi just installed Firebug (I am not still sure how to use this tool though) the screenshot attached is the actual state of the web. And below is a screenshot with the firebug tool on. Can you help me interpret what can be wrong? (I can see there a portion of code that is shaded (sort of) is this where the problem is?) Thanks
Antonio

K2Joom said:Which browser are you using? I would recommend to get Firebug plugin, this will help you to find what is causing the break. Can you supply a new screen shot of the error? Thanks.

Simon
K2Joom.com

bio-antonio said:Hi first of all I wanted to thank both of you for taking the trouble to reply to my question I think I had understood the basic philosophy of using K2, just there were a things that are happening which I could'nt quite explain. Yasterday, while tinkering with it, I realized that the reason why the article was also shown on the left hand side, was because the K2 Content plugin was activated (by default I guess right after istallation) and this caused the same content as the one showed on the central display area to be shown on the left hand side as well.

What is firebug?
All the best
Antonio
Attachments:

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #82125 by d.k.shukla
Replied by d.k.shukla on topic problem displaying articles with K2
Hi
Please check your content HTML code, there may be some missing closing tag.

bio-antonio said:Hi Simon here is one of the JTemplates. Apparently the problem doesn't exist there, but part of the menu structure
has been shifted below as well.
On the other hand, on another trial website where I am using just the jooma default templates, it happens again

I have also detected another similar problem: while using the original template, such that the first story header
seems to be in the right place but the rest of the articles are displaced way down.
The first of the news (in this case) is showed when click on the "home" menu entry

Then when I click on the menu entry per se, the title seems to be in the right place but the rest of the content
is way down (3rd attachment).
Cheers
Antonio

K2Joom said:Antonio, Could you try using a standard Joomla template such as purity or milkyway, i would like to see if this is a template issue first.

Thank you

Simon

bio-antonio said:Hi just installed Firebug (I am not still sure how to use this tool though) the screenshot attached is the actual state of the web. And below is a screenshot with the firebug tool on. Can you help me interpret what can be wrong? (I can see there a portion of code that is shaded (sort of) is this where the problem is?) Thanks Antonio

K2Joom said:Which browser are you using? I would recommend to get Firebug plugin, this will help you to find what is causing the break. Can you supply a new screen shot of the error? Thanks.
Simon
K2Joom.com

bio-antonio said:Hi first of all I wanted to thank both of you for taking the trouble to reply to my question I think I had understood the basic philosophy of using K2, just there were a things that are happening which I could'nt quite explain. Yasterday, while tinkering with it, I realized that the reason why the article was also shown on the left hand side, was because the K2 Content plugin was activated (by default I guess right after istallation) and this caused the same content as the one showed on the central display area to be shown on the left hand side as well. For some reason I thought that the K2 Content plugin was the one responsible for displaying the article's content on the main part of the website, so I couldn't figure out why this was happening.

What is firebug?
All the best
Antonio