Keyword

Category Listing Format Problem - SOLVED!!!

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #82138 by yaani
I have some K2 items listed in the category "Colorado Tracks". These tracks have tags "colorado" & "tracks" You can view the article here www.gaddyproperty.com/kartresource/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=4:imi-motorsports-complex&Itemid=174If I click on the links "Tagged under tracks colorado" I get a nicely formatted listing with the item images neatly justified to the left with the description to the right of the image. However, if I click on the "Published in Colorado Tracks" link & go to the K2 category listing, the images are sometimes centered & sometimes left justified. Is this a bug? How do I get all the images in the category listing to display in the same position?  Ideally I would like the category listing to be formatted the same as the listings when I click on the tag links. Can someone tell me how to achieve this? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #82139 by yaani
I'm thinking I will just "hide" the Published in category link & just leave the Tagged under link showing so the neat & tidy (Tagged under) view of the Colorado tracks will be displayed instead of the category listing view in which they are not formatted uniformly fro some reason.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #82140 by yaani
Can someone tell me how to get rid of the "Published in" link that displays in the "Item view options in category listing" view? I tried setting the "Category" field to Hide but it is still displaying.

I was able to remove it from the item view options by selecting "Hide" for the Category field.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #82141 by yaani
I was able to solve this problem. I went to K2 Items & clicked the Parameters icon. I scrolled down to
"Layout & view options for Search, Tag & Date listings" & selected Hide for the Item category parameter.

The category listings are now displaying without the "Published in..." link to the category view that is still not formatting the item image correctly. But I will use the tag to link to the items related to that tag instead of the category that has the image display problem.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #82142 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Category Listing Format Problem - SOLVED!!!
Hi Yaani,

Are you really happy at disabling the Shwon in Category link?
I think that it maybe something to do with the way the page is laid out.

As you have it now, everything seems ok, but would need to see that cat link in action to give a final answer.

Regards,

Simon
K2Joom.com

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #82143 by yaani
Hi Simon,

No, I really would like to have the option to display the Category listing but I am just not happy with the way the item images appear (they don't display in the same place for each item).

Here is a link to the Category listing
www.gaddyproperty.com/kartresource/index.php?option=com_k2&a...

The tag listing view displays them a lot neater & tidier

Is it possible this is a template problem? I am using a RocketTheme template.

Thank you for your reply!

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #82144 by Simon Wells
OK in the first link which is your issue.

This "issue", is not an issue, it is how you have your K2 category parameters set for the category Colorado Tracks

The IMI Motorsports is your Leading Item, the first one displayed
The CRE Motorsports is your primary item. You will have Primary Item set to 2 columns

To make then all appear the same, either set you Leading item count to say 10 and Primary Secondary to 0 or Primary to 10 and leading and Secondary to 0.
If you cant see the right menu in your K2 edit category page, then click the toggle switch over the top right of the edit screen to display it.

The second link, displays "correctly" as it is a fixed format.

Pop over to K2joom and take a look at the K2 Documents which gives and explanation in to all the parameters.

Its definitely not a bug and can be fixed easily by playing with the category parameters.
Also, As i believe you might be creating categories based on area for your tracks, it would be a good idea to have your other cats to inherit their parameters from this category. That will save you having to manually configure every new category.

Hope that helps.

Simon
K2Joom.com

yaani said:Hi Simon,
No, I really would like to have the option to display the Category listing but I am just not happy with the way the item images appear (they don't display in the same place for each item).

Here is a link to the Category listing

The tag listing view displays them a lot neater & tidier

Is it possible this is a template problem? I am using a RocketTheme template.

Thank you for your reply!

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #82145 by yaani
Ahhhhh!!! Now I understand!

Well that certainly was an easy fix, when you know what you're doing! :D

I think I am getting the hang of this nifty little K2 component.

I will definitely pop on over to K2Joom & check out your K2 Documents over there.

Thank you so much for your help Simon!

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #82146 by Simon Wells
More than welcome, can not have disabling stuff cos you cant get it too work.

Enjoy K2

Simon
K2Joom.com

yaani said:Ahhhhh!!! Now I understand!
Well that certainly was an easy fix, when you know what you're doing! :D

I think I am getting the hang of this nifty little K2 component.

I will definitely pop on over to K2Joom & check out your K2 Documents over there.

Thank you so much for your help Simon!