Keyword

In my site K2 Content is showing up in left sidebar, I want it in the middle

• WebSEOs
  • WebSEOs's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #82158 by WebSEOs
In my site K2 Content is showing up in left sidebar, I want it in the middle.In main content area I want to show the k2 content.Also I want to understand how this k2 content is displayed. I am very new to K2. I have adjusted K2 Tools module, so that it displays the Category Subcategory Listing. I have imported all Joomla Articles Categories into K2.I know k2 content has a module name. And by {loadposition modulename} it can be displayed in content area. But where shall I put the code, in template? My objective is to show K2 Content in Main Middle area because it is large. Now it is being shown in left narrow column or sidebar whatever you say it.I am using basic Joomla 1.5.15 template.BikramNew to Joomla and K2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #82159 by Simon Wells
Bikram,

To help understand your problem, could you please post a link or a screen shot of the problem.
Which Joomla template are you using?
K2 will always display content in the main body of the site, if it is displayingit in a left column, then t sounds more like a template issue.

Awaiting your reply,

Simon
K2Joom.com

• WebSEOs
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #82160 by WebSEOs
Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply. I saw that I was using a third party free Joomla template. But then I changed the template : rhuk_milkyway , which is Joomla's default template.

Still I am viewing that K2 Content module in Left Sidebar, so I think it is not template specific problem.
K2Joom said:Bikram,
To help understand your problem, could you please post a link or a screen shot of the problem.
Which Joomla template are you using?
K2 will always display content in the main body of the site, if it is displayingit in a left column, then t sounds more like a template issue.

Awaiting your reply,

Simon
K2Joom.com

• WebSEOs
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #82161 by WebSEOs
I have attached the screen shot of my home page where K2 content is shown in the left section , left sidebar, at the bottom, below Login... But I want to show them in main content area.

See my category subcategory in K2 Tools section..

FAQ is a category under it. When I am clicking it main content area showing subcategories. I have changed the subcategory display a little bit by Parameters.

When I am clicking current user subcategory then it is showing the articles / items in Main Area.

• WebSEOs
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #82162 by WebSEOs
My target is to show K2 Contents in main Area. I am not sure what K2 content modules showing in the left sidebar. Is it the same contents as category/subcategory listing.

Also How can I manipulate this K2 content showing above main area in every page. How can I control the display. I am a programmer. So Coding level advice is also accepted. But I prefer adjustment by Menus and Parameters.

I am seeking control over main display area , i.e, Middle of the basic rhuk_milkway template.

Thanks

Bikram

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #82163 by karmacows
I had the same problem as you. i enabled K2 content and found it on the left side. I`m only new to joomla and K2 but found that i needed to disable K2 content plugin and took the advice from this forum. I now have content running in the main section albiet on a different front page to the standard. Hope this helps.
heres the link:
community.getk2.org/forum/topics/howto-add-k2-item-on-joomla

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #82164 by Simon Wells
Go to your module manager and sort the list to display just items that are assigned to the LEFT position.
Could one of the items in the list be causing your issue?

The only way is to check the module title and /or disable each one, one by one, until you find the one that it causing it.

Taking a step back a little, can I ask why you your using the loadposition, in my opinion, you do not need it.
K2 content will always load in the main window.

Take a look at the setup guides over at K2Joom.com as I think it might help you.

Essentially, you need to create cats to place your items in.
Then create menu items to point to the cats of items.
For front page, create a cat called front page and store your K2 front page content in that, then your menus Home can point to it. Of course, you will need to configure the cat parameters to get the layout you want.

Let us know how you get on.

Simon
K2Joom.com