Keyword

Building a social network with K2?

• HomesteadMommy
  • HomesteadMommy's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #82165 by HomesteadMommy
Building a social network with K2? was created by HomesteadMommy
With the changes that are coming to the ning networks, I'm very much considering moving my network to my own hosting.  Since I'm already running my site with Joomla & K2, I'm hoping to find a way to integrate it.I'm looking at different options.  The main two seem to be Jomsocial and community builder.  I was hoping someone here could tell me if either of them work well with K2?Also I'm trying to decided between the two CB is free and that's a big plus right now...But I'm not sure if it'll will meet my needs.  Basically trying to recreate something similar to the ning forums.Anyone have a site using CB or Jomsocial?  I'd like to see if they look/run diffrently.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #82166 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Building a social network with K2?
Hi,

Personally, I have not done any social networking tests as yet as it would take a large chunk of time to setup and integrate to find a good working partner, but changes to the k2joom working model will require a SNS to be created.

I have always favoured JS but things have probably changed om the last 6 months or so since I needed to use one.

There are an emerging set of extensions to bridge between K2 and the social site, mostly seem to be for JS.
We have a couple which we need to test and then display on K2joom.

Hopefully you will get some feedback, but I will also ask around for you too.

Simon
K2Joom.com

• HomesteadMommy
  • HomesteadMommy's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #82167 by HomesteadMommy
Replied by HomesteadMommy on topic Building a social network with K2?
Thanks Simon,

I'm leaning towards using JS. Looks like it will be the easiest to use for what I'm wanting. I know they just released a new version this month.

I might get it to day and try it out. Could you share links to the extensions you mentioned?

Thanks,
Kim

K2Joom said:Hi,
Personally, I have not done any social networking tests as yet as it would take a large chunk of time to setup and integrate to find a good working partner, but changes to the k2joom working model will require a SNS to be created.

I have always favoured JS but things have probably changed om the last 6 months or so since I needed to use one.

There are an emerging set of extensions to bridge between K2 and the social site, mostly seem to be for JS.
We have a couple which we need to test and then display on K2joom.

Hopefully you will get some feedback, but I will also ask around for you too.

Simon
K2Joom.com