Keyword

mod_left disappears in category view

• blue_Shift
  • blue_Shift's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #95838 by blue_Shift
mod_left disappears in category view was created by blue_Shift
This is new behavior.... for some reason mod_left disappears in category view, which is my front page. It shows everywhere else in the site, but on the front page.

Can someone shed light on this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #95839 by william white
Replied by william white on topic mod_left disappears in category view
Please send a link to your front page, also more details on mod_left - is this a module set to go in the template left position

what template are you using?

• blue_Shift
More
13 years 2 months ago #95840 by blue_Shift
Replied by blue_Shift on topic mod_left disappears in category view
christchurchhw.org

what's new is the addition of the front page in k2 category layout, and community builder....but even then, the page was working a few days ago.

a template from joomla bamboo, which has been running for well over a year.

More
13 years 2 months ago #95841 by william white
Replied by william white on topic mod_left disappears in category view
Try creating a blank or mostly blank joomla article and setting it to front page. create a module com_k2_content, set its position to HomePage. Use a {loadposition FrontPage} in the blank joomla article to load the module in.

Also, check the joomlabamboo template for settings "content on front page" as some have settings about that

• blue_Shift
More
13 years 2 months ago #95842 by blue_Shift
Not sure what you said... but when I scroll down to the bottom of the page, there is my left menu! At the bottom, below the column of article leads, not on the left. I run other JB templates, most of them with all the content in K2 - this is the outlier, with only the front page in K2. It is not specifically defined as a Joomla Bamboo 'front page.'

William White said:
Try creating a blank or mostly blank joomla article and setting it to front page. create a module com_k2_content, set its position to HomePage. Use a {loadposition FrontPage} in the blank joomla article to load the module in.

Also, check the joomlabamboo template for settings "content on front page" as some have settings about that

• blue_Shift
More
13 years 2 months ago #95843 by blue_Shift
Menu returns to the left, but now i've lost the K2 styling I've worked out.... and the read more jump is broken (I'm getting several lines of error code (see below)

(one change to your instrux, use {loadposition HomePage])

Error on 'Read More' jump

Error loading Modules:MySQL server has gone away SQL=SELECT id, title, module, position, content, showtitle, control, params FROM jos_modules AS m LEFT JOIN jos_modules_menu AS mm ON mm.moduleid = m.id WHERE m.published = 1 AND m.access <= 0 AND m.client_id = 0 AND ( mm.menuid = 28 OR mm.menuid = 0 ) ORDER BY position, ordering

blue_Shift said:

Not sure what you said... but when I scroll down to the bottom of the page, there is my left menu! At the bottom, below the column of article leads, not on the left. I run other JB templates, most of them with all the content in K2 - this is the outlier, with only the front page in K2. It is not specifically defined as a Joomla Bamboo 'front page.' William White said:Try creating a blank or mostly blank joomla article and setting it to front page. create a module com_k2_content, set its position to HomePage. Use a {loadposition FrontPage} in the blank joomla article to load the module in.