Keyword

[SOLVED] Struggling to Override Language of Module

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #101695 by Dave
Hi All

I've been searching this forum and Google for hours now, trying to find a solution but no joy.

I'm running Joomla version 2.5.6 and K2 version 2.5.7.

I have the K2 Content module on my site, showing two latest blogs. That works fine but I need to change the date format (K2_DATE_FORMAT_LC2) because I just want day, date and year. I simply cannot seem to override the language files though. I edit the files but nothing changes on the site. And I'm not even sure which language file to edit, because K2_DATE_FORMAT_LC2 appears in a few different language files, though I've tried changing all of them but to no avail.

I've also tried using the Language Override feature of Joomla. That does have an effect but just messes up the date format completely so it doesn't make sense. Is there a way to hard code the date format (e.g %d %B %Y") into my default.php template override to replace the K2_DATE_FORMAT_LC2 ??

Sorry if I'm being thick here but any help would be much appreciated!!

Thank you.

EDIT: Thanks to tweeting the K2Devs I found the answer and posted it here: getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first/1703-How-do-you-change-date-format-on-earth#160184

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.