Keyword

Can't checkin a locked item

• Steven Trooster
  • Steven Trooster's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 7 months ago #164002 by Steven Trooster
Can't checkin a locked item was created by Steven Trooster
When someone doesn't save or close an item properly, it's checkout and locked for editing by an admin. In previous versions in the backend of my site the lock in front of the title would indicate that the item is checked out. Hovering over the icon would indicate who is editing the item and you could click on the lock to check the item in. (Just like in Joomla articles) Unfortunately, now there's only a lock icon, but you can't check the specific item in. :-(

The only way to check the item in is to go to the general check in option of Joomla in the System menu, but there you can only check in all the K2 articles. If someone else is working on an other article at that time, you'll kick him out too.

This used to work up till K2 version 2.7. In 2.7.x even the lock disappeared, leaving admin clueless why they could't edit an item. In 2.8 de lock is there, but without a unlock function. Please fix this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Steven Trooster
  • Steven Trooster's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #172268 by Steven Trooster
Replied by Steven Trooster on topic Can't checkin a locked item
It has been two years since I reported this. No reaction since. Is there any solution for this? My editors are frustrated they can't check in single items, and have to check in all K2 items at system level. Not knowing weither some is actually editing an other article and will be kicked out by the global checkin action.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Steven Trooster.

More
4 years 10 months ago #172276 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Can't checkin a locked item
It'll be addressed soon. Sorry for confusion caused. I'll update the post in the coming days.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
3 years 2 months ago #177918 by RomyS
Replied by RomyS on topic Can't checkin a locked item
Hi Fotis, I am with this problem now.
Several editors work on the site and if they use "Global check-in" they lose what they are doing. I need to only be able to unlock the item I need by clicking the padlock, like joomla does with modules! Can you tell me how to solve this? It is urgent! Regards

More
3 years 2 months ago #177933 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Can't checkin a locked item
It requires work on K2's side that can't be easily provided over the forum. It's planned for v2.10.4 though.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)